Report: Boldin says ties with Cardinals broken

SKOOBY

Arizona Cardinals receiver Anquan Boldin says the team's failure to rework his contract last offseason has left an irreparable rift between him and the organization, and Kurt Warner says healing that rift will be a key factor in whether he chooses to return in 2009.

"I don't think the relationship can be repaired with the organization," Boldin told USA Today. "It takes more than, 'Well, we did you wrong and we'll pay you this.' It's not about the money. It was always about the principle. Guys being true to their word. I guess I was expected to uphold my end of the bargain, and it wasn't reciprocated."

Cardinals President Michael Bidwill said before the Super Bowl, in which Boldin had eight catches for 84 yards, "We view (Anquan) as one of our core players. We've tried to work with him to restructure his deal and extend it. ... We're hopeful we can get it done."

http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/29061885/

Actually...................I say watch Al Davis in the midst of all of this. I think he wants Crabtree, but would take a crack at Boldin before the NFL Draft gets here to see if he could get that deal done instead. He knows he'll have to give up more to move up to take Crabtree.

Actually...................I say watch Al Davis in the midst of all of this. I think he wants Crabtree, but would take a crack at Boldin before the NFL Draft gets here to see if he could get that deal done instead. He knows he'll have to give up more to move up to take Crabtree.

come on man...he signed javon walker to a multi-billion dollar deal last offseason, and he has johnnie lee-higgins!

duh dude! :thumbsup: JOHNNIE (frickin) LEE (frickin) HIGGINS!

No reason to bring this up, this will not influence the Bills in any way what so ever. He will go to the Giants or someone like that.

You really think Arizona will send him to another NFC team, especially a contender? I'm not saying he's interested in the Bills, but I think Arizona would rather see Boldin sit out than trade him to an NFC team.

Tampa, Miami, Jacksonville.

Yup. Boy is home sick.

He asked for a trade before the season, saying he wanted to be traded to Miami.

I think he'll wind up in Miami, which sucks for us. The Giants will make an offer too I think. Problem is, Arizona won't just up and trade him, they'll want to get value. They'll look to grab at least two firsts.

Yup. Boy is home sick.

He asked for a trade before the season, saying he wanted to be traded to Miami.

I think he'll wind up in Miami, which sucks for us. The Giants will make an offer too I think. Problem is, Arizona won't just up and trade him, they'll want to get value. They'll look to grab at least two firsts.

That's right, he'll come at a steep price. The starting point for a trade would be what Dallas paid for Roy Williams (who, although good is probably not as good as Boldin). That price was a 1st, a 3rd, and a 5th I believe. Boldin would probably command more.

I'd hate to see the Bills give up that much for Boldin, especially as he also wants his contract redone.

I'd rather they made an all-out play for T.J. Houshmandzadeh or Antonio Bryant. We'd have to give them almost the same amount of money but we wouldn't have to give up the draft picks. Seems like the free agent route makes more sense than a trade to me.