Todd Collins

nuklz2594

Wow, much like the "JP a good fit for Jets" thread, we're getting a lot of "funny" guys here. I thought this was a football discussion board not a regional qualifier for "Last Comic Standing" (loser's bracket). Yeah, don't quit the day job fellas.

Todd Collins took over for an injured Jason Campbell in week 13 of the 2007 season. The team was still reeling from the murder of safety Sean Taylor one week earlier and had a record of 5-7.

Collins played flawlessly against the Bears, won NFC Player of the Week, then played brilliantly down the stretch to rally the Redskins to a 9-7 record and a wild card berth. He won NFC Player of the Month for December.

He played pretty well in the playoffs but then threw two costly ints and the Redskins were eliminated by the Seahawks.

Collins finished the season with a passer rating of 106.4 and was rewarded with a 3 year contract.

Many in Washington thought he deserved to be the starting quarterback going into camp but I believe Jim Zorn, the new head coach named Campbell the starter almost immediately after taking over the team.

Todd Collins is an example of a guy who failed initially, but somehow hung around long enough to "get it" and become a pretty good professional which should be everyone's aim whatever they do.

I personally don't think guys like JP, Rex Grossman, David Carr, or Joey Harrington will ever be top notch starting QBs but a guy like Collins shows us that you should never count someone out.

I think the Bills would have been smart to ignore the sheeple that wanted him gone. They should have fixed the offensive and defensive lines. Sheeple don't know whats good for them, they need to be told whats good for them