If you knew coaches and players read your posts...

...would that change what you wrote?

Not at all .. I certainly hope someone in the Bills organization reads what is out on the Boards. I'd love to have (maybe) an open feedback forum from my customers. Maybe the Bills would run a better organization if they at least considered the fan perspective on things.

Not at all .. I certainly hope someone in the Bills organization reads what is out on the Boards. I'd love to have (maybe) an open feedback forum from my customers. Maybe the Bills would run a better organization if they at least considered the fan perspective on things.

Spot-on, B-Squared - they would at least be a much better football team if they'd listen to me and hire...

Mike Leach

Spot-on, B-Squared - they would at least be a much better football team if they'd listen to me and hire...

Mike Leach

:o ... Now I know my day is complete ... you found a way to work in at least one Mike Leach plug. Perhaps you had another (or two) in some thread that I have missed. I hope for your sake the Bills hire him as their next coach. :rolleyes:

Mike Leach

I hope that's sarcasm, because the last group of college coaches didn't do so well in the NFL:

Lane Kiffin

Bobby Petrino

Nick Saban

Steve Spurrier

Dennis Erickson

In fact, I think you'd have to go all the way back to Jimmy Johnson (1989 Cowboys) to find a college coach that did well in the NFL. I guess you could count Barry Switzer (1995), since Dallas technically won a Superbowl with him, but it was really Johnson's team.

I hope that's sarcasm, because the last group of college coaches didn't do so well in the NFL:

Lane Kiffin

Bobby Petrino

Nick Saban

Steve Spurrier

Dennis Erickson

In fact, I think you'd have to go all the way back to Jimmy Johnson (1989 Cowboys) to find a college coach that did well in the NFL. I guess you could count Barry Switzer (1995), since Dallas technically won a Superbowl with him, but it was really Johnson's team.

:rolleyes: you are about to provoke the ire of The Senator :o

Lane Kiffin

Bobby Petrino

Nick Saban

Steve Spurrier

Dennis Erickson

Why leave out Bill Walsh? He really sucked.

I am really not trying to smug about this. I was just curious. Sometimes I think about it and regret something that I posted here.

Don't feel too guilty ... we all blow off steam through the process of posting ... it's a part of fandom. It's more constructive than throwing things at players when they are in the tunnel or on the sidelines (behavior to me that is appauling and inexcusable)

:o ... Now I know my day is complete ... you found a way to work in at least one Mike Leach plug. Perhaps you had another (or two) in some thread that I have missed. I hope for your sake the Bills hire him as their next coach. :rolleyes:

Leach is officially at an impasse with TT and AD Gerald Myers has issued a Feb. 17 deadline to sign, so there'll be plenty more articles to link about...

Mike Leach

(Now, more than ever, I hope they're reading this at OBD - Leach is demanding a smaller buy-out figure if he leaves TT :lol: )

Leach is officially at an impasse with TT and AD Gerald Myers has issued a Feb. 17 deadline to sign, so there'll be plenty more articles to link about...

Mike Leach

(Now, more than ever, I hope they're reading this at OBD - Leach is demanding a smaller buy-out figure if he leaves TT :rolleyes: )

Seriously, my guess is that he will make a jump to a "big" nationally known college program (Tech is well known here in Texas but not so much on the national stage - not the same as a Florida, LSU, Tennesse, USC, etc.) before he gets his shot in the pro game. I think Ralph is too risk adverse to take a chance on him. Not to mention too expensive for Ralph's tastes.

I am really not trying to smug about this. I was just curious. Sometimes I think about it and regret something that I posted here.

I'd only regret it if they threatened to kick my ass....Now I'm a pretty solid 210.....but Im still puney compared to most of the guys I badmouth on the Bills....

Seriously, my guess is that he will make a jump to a "big" nationally known college program (Tech is well known here in Texas but not so much on the national stage - not the same as a Florida, LSU, Tennesse, USC, etc.) before he gets his shot in the pro game. I think Ralph is too risk adverse to take a chance on him. Not to mention too expensive for Ralph's tastes.

You may be right - there will be a line outside his door from the 'big' schools, but I'd love to at least get him as an OC before the Bills ruin another young QB's career.

Regarding the money, I don't know what Jauron makes, but $12.7M over 5 years does not seem like too much, certainly not more than Ralph can afford, for a coach as colourful, entertaining, and offensively explosive as...

Mike Leach

You may be right - there will be a line outside his door from the 'big' schools, but I'd love to at least get him as an OC before the Bills ruin another young QB's career.

Regarding the money, I don't know what Jauron makes, but $12.7M over 5 years does not seem like too much, certainly not more than Ralph can afford, for a coach as colourful, entertaining, and offensively explosive as...

Mike Leach

Time will tell ...

For now we must cheer Dickie and crew on .. what a miserable dilemma.... lose and we get a new coach ... win and we are stuck with one that we do not like ... but hey if Dickie J wins ... he wins.

My personal guess is that he does not make it past week 11 next year. I hope I am proven wrong because the Bills are 11-0.