Matt Cassell Goes From Clip-Board Boy...............

H2o

Here's hoping no one is stupid enough to trade for Scott Mitchell v2.0.

You took the words right out of my mouth. Can anyone say "system QB"? What's funny is watching the media pump up the market for the guy. While his numbers were very good, he was playing in the NFL's number one offense of all time (stat-wise from 2008) and he basically just dinked and dunked his way downfield. A lot of his yardage seemed to be YAC--I remember one play that went for 80 where he threw the ball 10 yards, tops, and Moss did the rest, for ex. Anything over 15 yards downfield and he couldn't hit the broad side of a barn. Hopefully personnel men, League-wide don't fall for this and the Pats* get stuck with him, but somehow, with those bastiges, I doubt it.....

For one season anyway. The Patriots officially franchised him today. That's a hefty pay increase from a little over $500,000 to $14,650,000. I'd take that in today's economy :w00t:

not to mention, everyone was clamoring for Cassell to get cut during the preseason when he struggled so mightily... :w00t:

A team can withdraw the franchise tag until it is signed. Once signed the team is on the hook to pay the franchise money.

Does anybody on the planet think they will remove the tag status from Cassell? Even if they do remove it, he will make far more on the open market.

You took the words right out of my mouth. Can anyone say "system QB"? What's funny is watching the media pump up the market for the guy. While his numbers were very good, he was playing in the NFL's number one offense of all time (stat-wise from 2008) and he basically just dinked and dunked his way downfield. A lot of his yardage seemed to be YAC--I remember one play that went for 80 where he threw the ball 10 yards, tops, and Moss did the rest, for ex. Anything over 15 yards downfield and he couldn't hit the broad side of a barn. Hopefully personnel men, League-wide don't fall for this and the Pats* get stuck with him, but somehow, with those bastiges, I doubt it.....

Again, I agree here. It's laughable that the Chiefs keep coming up as a possible destination. Thigpen more than proved himself, much like Cassell. So why change what seemingly went well? I'm sure it's the Pioli connection, but still.

Don't get me wrong, the kid (Cassell) deserves a shot. Just "buyer beware". He had top notch talent and the support of a terriffic coaching staff. I think he can play in this league, just don't expect miracles.

That's a great point. If Cassel is out playing him in the pre-season, what do they do? Does Brady get any benefit of the doubt?

I'm Just happy the Pats have all that cap space tied up in QB's .. let's hope it hurts them elsewhere. One or the other will be traded though .. just a question of when.