Obama admits we're headed for Depression

Actually it was always not only "Yes, we can" but it was "No, you can't" (meaning the stubborn Republicans who had their chance for yes we can the last eight years and blew it). And it's still "yes we can" and still "no, you can't" unless you bring something to the table and join us. Obama has said, and still says, in the exact same way, that we the country will get out of this. He's always said it's a huge mess and won't be easy but yes we can. The only no we can't is if he gets zero support from the other side that he needs.

You really should listen to what people say. It helps a lot when you then try to say stuff yourself.

How did the last 2 years with the Dems running Congress go and what is different between what Bush did in those 2 years and what Obama is proposing? Amuse me.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually it was always not only "Yes, we can" but it was "No, you can't" (meaning the stubborn Republicans who had their chance for yes we can the last eight years and blew it). And it's still "yes we can" and still "no, you can't" unless you bring something to the table and join us. Obama has said, and still says, in the exact same way, that we the country will get out of this. He's always said it's a huge mess and won't be easy but yes we can. The only no we can't is if he gets zero support from the other side that he needs.

You really should listen to what people say. It helps a lot when you then try to say stuff yourself.

Like I said "no we can't, but it's not my fault". If Obama's slogan was something like the jumbled mess you just typed, there is no way he would have been elected!

Hmm. Sounds a lot like Bush's "If you're not with us, you're against us" diatribes that got so much criticism.

Maybe you caught this:

http://www.thedailyshow.com/video/index.jh...bamas-inaugural

Starting to look more like the truth every day.

Hmm. Sounds a lot like Bush's "If you're not with us, you're against us" diatribes that got so much criticism.

Maybe you caught this:

http://www.thedailyshow.com/video/index.jh...bamas-inaugural

Starting to look more like the truth every day.

I don't look at it like that at all. I do think that Obama needs to give in a little more, and give the Republicans both more of their ideas and less of the House Dems excess. BUT, he has already allowed several Rep ideas into the bill, and is still listening and still changing it. IF all the other side does is take what they are given and still say no to all the rest, he has no choice but to go his own way. That is not "my way or the highway".

Ah, so you don't listen or read well. That clears it up a little.

Really! You type this abortion of a post and criticize my reading comprehension? I had to read it 3 times just to figure out what you were trying to say. I must not read as well as you.

"Actually it was always not only "Yes, we can" but it was "No, you can't" (meaning the stubborn Republicans who had their chance for yes we can the last eight years and blew it). And it's still "yes we can" and still "no, you can't" unless you bring something to the table and join us. Obama has said, and still says, in the exact same way, that we the country will get out of this. He's always said it's a huge mess and won't be easy but yes we can. The only no we can't is if he gets zero support from the other side that he needs."

"Sugar coat"? No. But as the man the Nation looks to, his job is to lead and yes....encourage people. Not to run around going "Were !@#$ed, were !@#$ed!!!"

If you look through history, the BEST Presidential speeches and most memorable "lines" came in the WORST of times.

And excuse me...the token gesture of briging a Republican to his Cabinet means jack. Not when he's letting Nancy "even LIBERALS hate me" Pelosi and the Democratic Caucus be in charge of whats in this mess of a bill. Yeah, its their job to write it (duh) but Obama's got the political capital right now to make sure what Congress puts on his desk is something he really wants. And hes not doing that. Instead hes demonizing Republicans for their efforts to expose this bill for what it is.

First off, in regards to the token cabinet picks. That in itself is way more than the republicans have done when they were in the White House. Secondly it's not We're F'd as you say. It's being real, being honest.

Really! You type this abortion of a post and criticize my reading comprehension? I had to read it 3 times just to figure out what you were trying to say. I must not read as well as you.

"Actually it was always not only "Yes, we can" but it was "No, you can't" (meaning the stubborn Republicans who had their chance for yes we can the last eight years and blew it). And it's still "yes we can" and still "no, you can't" unless you bring something to the table and join us. Obama has said, and still says, in the exact same way, that we the country will get out of this. He's always said it's a huge mess and won't be easy but yes we can. The only no we can't is if he gets zero support from the other side that he needs."

See? I read it once and fully understood. :rolleyes:

It is kind of tough when all the other side wants to talk about is tired old Capitol Gains tax breaks.... not exactly stimulative. The House GOP was great at pork barrel project when in the majority and the House has always been that way. The line item veto and competition with Clinton over who was the biggest trimmer of government programs was the only way it worked before.

Sounds like Obama is trying to work with Senate moderates because the House is still a partisan mess and will be as long as Pelosi and Boehner are leading both sides. P.S. Boehner is tan salon grumpy cigarette smoking hack as much as Pelosi is a shrill whining nut. They deserve each other... scary thought... but they do.

Mitt agrees with me!

“The theme ‘Yes, we can’ seems to have been replaced with ‘Well, maybe we can't,’” he said. “I believe that with all the challenges America faces, the simple solutions and the hope that were sold by the Obama team are inadequate to the task ahead.”

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2009/...-a-rocky-start/

Mitt agrees with me!

“The theme ‘Yes, we can’ seems to have been replaced with ‘Well, maybe we can't,’” he said. “I believe that with all the challenges America faces, the simple solutions and the hope that were sold by the Obama team are inadequate to the task ahead.”

And Mitt is a mostly smart, often successful, ultimately flip-flopping disingenuous loser, too. :rolleyes:

It is kind of tough when all the other side wants to talk about is tired old Capitol Gains tax breaks.... not exactly stimulative. The House GOP was great at pork barrel project when in the majority and the House has always been that way. The line item veto and competition with Clinton over who was the biggest trimmer of government programs was the only way it worked before.

Sounds like Obama is trying to work with Senate moderates because the House is still a partisan mess and will be as long as Pelosi and Boehner are leading both sides. P.S. Boehner is tan salon grumpy cigarette smoking hack as much as Pelosi is a shrill whining nut. They deserve each other... scary thought... but they do.

I think there is plenty of blame to go around on both sides of the aisle. Maybe people were naive to think that Obama could get everyone to work together. I wonder if he really believed that he could get things done or if it was just a bunch of hollow catch phrases? If he believed his own hype, this has to be a really tough reality check!

Mitt speaking in tongues again and smiling.... ah, he left Massachusetts in such a great state of affairs... Mitt is all leather and no baseball... give it a rest, but he sounds credible so lets believe him!

Replace "Mitt" with "Obama" and "Massachusetts" with "Chicago", and you can sum up the way a lot of us feel about Obama!

Mitt agrees with me!

Wow, I am shocked that a former Presidential candidate did not side with Obama.

This is the same half-assed "argument" you libs used against Rush and his "fail" comments.

Its one thing to not "support" something just to be obtuse and obstructionist for no good reason. Its another to not "support" a piece of legilation becuase it's counter to EVERYTHING you believe in.

All you libs whing about "The GOP wont support this.....whaaaaaa."

Why SHOULD the Republicans just "support" this POS bill if its something they dont beleive in? When was the last time a Democrat crossed the !@#$ing isle to support a Republican President on something thats counter to the policy and ideology of their party?

Oh yeah....it was Joe Lieberman. And he was !@#$ing KICKED OUT of the DNC for all intents and purposes for doing that. Despite being hard LEFT on pretty much EVERYTHING he voted on, he was outcast for the ONE THING be sided with Bush on, the war.

First off, in regards to the token cabinet picks. That in itself is way more than the republicans have done when they were in the White House. Secondly it's not We're F'd as you say. It's being real, being honest.

Ah, so when Cheney and Bush warned of an impending threat, it was "doom and gloom scare tactics"

But when The Chocolate Wonder does it....oh he's just being "Real Real honest."

Good !@#$ing Lord.

Ah, so when Cheney and Bush warned of an impending threat, it was "doom and gloom scare tactics"

Good !@#$ing Lord.

Like Dizzy Gillespie and Charlie Parker trading riffs, today it is Joe Biden's turn to throw a dart into the eyeball of America.

“If we do everything right, if we do it with absolute certainty, there’s still a 30% chance we’re going to get it wrong,” was his message at the meeting.

Obama/Biden make Jauron look like a firecracker

Good !@#$ing Lord.

The Chocolate Wonder? What an a-hole thing to say.

The problem with Bush and Cheney was that everything they did revolved around Doom and Gloom.

The Chocolate Wonder? What an a-hole thing to say.

The problem with Bush and Cheney was that everything they did revolved around Doom and Gloom.

The only "a-hole" things being thrown around is the bull sh-- "YOU do it = "BAD", WE do it = "OK"" nonsense youre throwing out.

Youre being a !@#$ing fraud. An apparently an oversensitive one at that if a silly off color comment bothers you so much. Man up.