WWJD?

PastaJoe

What do you think would be occurring now regarding a stimulus plan if McCain had won the election? Would he be trying to work with Democrats as Obama is with Republicans to get some bipartisan agreement, and upset the more conservative Republicans? Or would there be a deadlock and nothing would get passed? Would he even propose a stimulus, or just let the private sector try to work it out?

Sounds a little better than the current mess of a bailout. Thanks.

Really? It sounds like more of the same old same old to me... tax cuts on capital gains, increased spending on defense, money to big oil for alternative energy research that never pans out. If that's the core of a stimulus package count me out. I'm not at all sold on the current mess of a bill, but at least it's different.

Romney's ideas sound similar to what Obama is trying to do, but Romney would have a harder time getting it done without a Republican majority in Congress. I think McCain would have been clueless about what to do, other than the old failed tax cuts for the wealthy trickle down policy that would not have passed Congress. So as bad as the times are, I think of the possible candidates Obama has the best chance of getting some bipartisan agreement on a substantial comprehensive stimulus. And most economic experts believe it will probably take multiple packages before it's all over.

On a serious note, I would be interested to know what Mitt Romney would be doing about the stimulus. I really liked the fact that he had some real world business experience.

If he had gotten the nomination or even the VP slot, I think Obama might have lost or a least had a much tougher challenge. The man knows how to talk econ and business and sound good doing it even if you don't understand a lick of what he is saying.

The articles assumption is that people will spend their money and it is true in a bull market, but in the bear we are currently in. The problem is that the economist doesn't account for systemic consumer debt and lack of confidence... The effect is much less noticeable as in the Bush Tax Cut.

The articles assumption is that people will spend their money and it is true in a bull market, but in the bear we are currently in. The problem is that the economist doesn't account for systemic consumer debt and lack of confidence... The effect is much less noticeable as in the Bush Tax Cut.

I wans t endorsing it, my friend. Only supplu the ifno for his, Q.

In highinsight, we'll never know, will we.

God help us all........

383 > 382 :w00t:

8.2 wins per year > 6.5 wins per year

At least Bobby knows where he is on most days and actually comes to campus once in a while. And so what if Bobby's headset doesn't actually connect to anything. :w00t:

On a serious note, I would be interested to know what Mitt Romney would be doing about the stimulus. I really liked the fact that he had some real world business experience.

Romney just said he is for lowering taxes and getting real stimulus going. Allow businesses the ability to grow because companies grow the economy, not government. He is saying this is a growth of gov't, not business.

(this is me adding to it)

What they should do is strip the unions of the strength, deregulate business and allow business to open, bring our jobs back home, increase tariffs on foreign goods and end "Free Trade" which is managed trade, and stop the false dichotomy of supply and demand side economic arguments to have a production and export economy which is the only true stimulus there is.

Everything else is a joke and it won't work. Our trade imbalances are the #1 reason this economy will never turn around. Dems want to regulate business out of business, and the Reps want to allow illegals to take over our jobs.

You can't blame capitalism as we haven't had capitalism in 80 years.