Optimism Anyone?

H2o

I am pretty surprised that anyone could be optimistic about this team and its staff. I have ALWAYS felt optimistic during the off season as there was usually a reason to hope. Honestly, this is the first year in AT LEAST 20 where I feel this team has nothing going for it. I have never felt such a void of passion as I do this year and I can't stand it.

I am in a very similar frame of mind. I have been a die hard Bills fan for well over 35 years, and have always been able to chase the disappointment from my mind and look forward to the next season. I have always been anxious to see who they draft or acquire via trade/free agency, and then make my annual trip to St. John Fisher for camp (Fredonia prior to that). This year is so different. Such disappointment after a collapse of a season that started with such promise. Doing nothing to improve while the other 3 teams in the division are full of optimism and deserve to be, we just kinda spin our tires in mud. An owner who no longer cares about the fans or winning, a coach who doesn't know what winning is, a coaching staff for the most part (a few exceptions i.e. Bobby April) who has never done anything but collect a paycheck. I am hoping it just takes me longer than normal, but I get back in the swing of things, but this season took alot emotionally from me.

Time will tell with Schonert but I wonder if he simplifies things a bit this year. Team also needs to figure out its offensive identity.

I'm surprised this team doesn't know its offensive identity. With a young QB and not one but two awesome RBs we cleary ought to be a run-first team. I just wish Jauron and Schonert could see that. This team needs to run the ball 40 times per game. I want to see Lynch take 25 carries per and Jackson 15. This will wear out defenses and open up the passing game. It doesn't get any more simple.