Sabres lump up Leafs 5-0

EndZoneCrew

With apologies to Millbank, it always feels good to slap the Leafs around. That's only only time Buffalo can thumb our noses at glamour-town Toronto and their arrogant fans that fill half of HSBC.

PTR

I agree. (sorry Millbank) The only thing I enjoy more than thumping the leafs is beating "The Savior Sydney" and the rest of the Penguins.

Sabres looked good last night. They got a lot of help from the Leafs though. Toronto almost never challenged them on the boards and shied away from contact as much as possible. Buffalo had more room than they knew what to do with. Toronto looked like a team that just didn't want to be there. Schenn has the worst game so far this year(that Ive seen) but he's a rookie. The Stafford goal was fantastic and Kaleta played well.

i can see you all smiling today from here.... :D ....

-today is Don Cherry's birthday, turns 75 years old . His quote in Globe and Mail

"I like it when guys ask me about my age because at 75, I'm still looking good," Cherry said. "I look at myself in the mirror and say 'Grapes, Grapes, you're looking good today. You're going to kill 'em today.'

i can see you all smiling today from here.... :bag: ....

-today is Don Cherry's birthday, turns 75 years old . His quote in Globe and Mail

"I like it when guys ask me about my age because at 75, I'm still looking good," Cherry said. "I look at myself in the mirror and say 'Grapes, Grapes, you're looking good today. You're going to kill 'em today.'

Love Grapes man... I remember watching his show on Thursday nights on CHCH out of Hamilton as a kid. HFBD Grapes!!!

Sorry about the loss Millbank.....................................

.......... sort of. :D

Sabres looked good last night. They got a lot of help from the Leafs though. Toronto almost never challenged them on the boards and shied away from contact as much as possible. Buffalo had more room than they knew what to do with. Toronto looked like a team that just didn't want to be there. Schenn has the worst game so far this year(that Ive seen) but he's a rookie. The Stafford goal was fantastic and Kaleta played well.

You're right on about Toronto's play, they looked like it was their 5th game in 6 nights out there, just terrible. That Stafford goal was just ridiculous, not even fair to the defenseman he beat or Pogge. He's been playing a lot better lately and that would be big if he can stay consistent. Easily the biggest difference in this team right now though IMO is having a healthy Tim Connolly. The guy makes everyone that he is on the ice with better, and the team seems to have much more confidence when he is playing well out there, especially on the power play. He puts guys in position to make plays and get scoring chances. This is no coencidence that the team is playing better since he's been back, and I'm not counting on it, but it would be a huge boost if he could stay healthy for the rest of the season.

Have you been watching this season? Lydman has been the defense's rock this year. We need to extend him.

I don't care, I hate that guy. He's always good for a turnover that leads to a goal at the worst time.

FYI - Spacek, Rivet and Tallinder all have a better +/-

I don't care, I hate that guy. He's always good for a turnover that leads to a goal at the worst time.

FYI - Spacek, Rivet and Tallinder all have a better +/-

They all barely have a better +/-. Also, Lydman plays the most minutes on average, which means Lindy trusts him more than the other D-men. And you'll have to excuse me for trusting Lindy's opinion over yours. By the way, I know he's had problems with turnovers, but I can't remember any blatant examples from this season.

They all barely have a better +/-. Also, Lydman plays the most minutes on average, which means Lindy trusts him more than the other D-men. And you'll have to excuse me for trusting Lindy's opinion over yours. By the way, I know he's had problems with turnovers, but I can't remember any blatant examples from this season.

Well done checking the facts, I was hoping you wouldn't look into it. I think the reason he's had more ice time than anybody else is that he's the only one that's been healthy. I think the fact that he doesn't have any turnovers your remember this season is bad because that just means he's do come playoff time.

Well done checking the facts, I was hoping you wouldn't look into it. I think the reason he's had more ice time than anybody else is that he's the only one that's been healthy. I think the fact that he doesn't have any turnovers your remember this season is bad because that just means he's do come playoff time.

Well I suppose we shall see. For the good of the team, let's hope you're wrong.