What Teams Would Make a Run at LT................

H2o

Ladanian Tomlinson will be 30 years old before the start of the '09 season. He's been hurt at key points of the season both of the last 2. He's topped 1,100 yards and 10 TD's every season of his career. Alot of teams are set at RB right now. Realistically, who do you think will be going after the guy? I hate to say this, but I think that NE would be going after him hard if he hits the open market. Other than NE, I'm not really sure who would be that determined at getting him. I think it would be mostly teams that think they are 1 playmaker away from a SB, but who are they really? What do you all think?

Ladanian Tomlinson will be 30 years old before the start of the '09 season. He's been hurt at key points of the season both of the last 2. He's topped 1,100 yards and 10 TD's every season of his career. Alot of teams are set at RB right now. Realistically, who do you think will be going after the guy? I hate to say this, but I think that NE would be going after him hard if he hits the open market. Other than NE, I'm not really sure who would be that determined at getting him. I think it would be mostly teams that think they are 1 playmaker away from a SB, but who are they really? What do you all think?

Arizona

Cincinnati

Indianapolis

Kansas City

Minnesota

NY Jets

Seattle

St. Louis

Tennessee

That is one outstanding question, Water.

I'll have to give it a little more thought, but I'd say Indy could certainly use him. Polian isn't the kind of GM to bid for an older, high priced player, but LT could really help them. I'll have to think more about it when I am a little less drunk.

I'll have to think more about it when I am a little less drunk.

Is this a status that you ever achieve? :wallbash:

Anyway, to the point of the post - It depends highly upon what kind of paycut he may take. No team is going to (wisely anyway) take a major cap hit to pick him up now. He is likely to push for a team where he believes he has a legit shot at the SB so it rules out the Buffalo's, Detroits, KC's, etc.

Possibly NE, SD or as a surprise the Cards. He would need to be a role player or a late season full time starter as I do not believe he can take a pounding the way a feature back does.

Good post H2O.

Is this a status that you ever achieve? :wallbash:

Anyway, to the point of the post - It depends highly upon what kind of paycut he may take. No team is going to (wisely anyway) take a major cap hit to pick him up now. He is likely to push for a team where he believes he has a legit shot at the SB so it rules out the Buffalo's, Detroits, KC's, etc.

Possibly NE, SD or as a surprise the Cards. He would need to be a role player or a late season full time starter as I do not believe he can take a pounding the way a feature back does.

Good post H2O.

I despise the :worthy: smiley.

Don't fling it at my friend, please.

Arizona

Cincinnati

Indianapolis

Kansas City

Minnesota

NY Jets

Seattle

St. Louis

Tennessee

Arizona, maybe if Warner returns. Minnesota has Peterson and Taylor. Cincy, I doubt he'd go for it. Indy, for sure. KC, maybe because he'd get to play SD twice. Jets have Jones and Washington. Seattle, that's a tough one to call. St. Louis, no because they're rebuilding kind of. Tennessee has White and Johnson.

That is one outstanding question, Water.

I'll have to give it a little more thought, but I'd say Indy could certainly use him. Polian isn't the kind of GM to bid for an older, high priced player, but LT could really help them. I'll have to think more about it when I am a little less drunk.

:worthy: Fair enough my friend :wallbash:

LT and Tony G are just what Warner needs to set every passing record next year in Ari. And a better line...

That would be a near unstoppable line-up. Warner, LT, Hightower, Fitz, Boldin, Breaston, and Gonzales? Whoa. :wallbash:

Arizona

Cincinnati

Indianapolis

Kansas City

Minnesota

NY Jets

Seattle

St. Louis

Tennessee

On your above teams:

Minn, Jets, St. Louis and Tenn will have zero interest and I am not sure why you think they would. They dont need a RB on the downside of his career. Minn is stacked at RB, Jets are solid at RB, St. Louis has the 2nd or 3rd best back in the league, TENN is stacked at RB.

Cincy might, but they actually like Benson who is younger and ran well to end the season. AZ needs RB help, so I could see them looking at him. KC wont be interested...they are rebuilding and dont need an aging RB because they already have one. They will go with their promising young guys in this rebuilding stage...Seattle I could see having interest, but I doubt LT would have much interest in them...Indy might be a good fit for both sides...

I think the most likely destination is San Diego...he wants to stay and will take the pay cut to stay. I really doubt he goes any where else. Outside of that, I would think Denver would be the most likely fit as they have big questions at RB going into next year, have an up and coming team (especially on offense) and he would get to play SD twice a year.

On your above teams:

Minn, Jets, St. Louis and Tenn will have zero interest and I am not sure why you think they would. They dont need a RB on the downside of his career. Minn is stacked at RB, Jets are solid at RB, St. Louis has the 2nd or 3rd best back in the league, TENN is stacked at RB.

Cincy might, but they actually like Benson who is younger and ran well to end the season. AZ needs RB help, so I could see them looking at him. KC wont be interested...they are rebuilding and dont need an aging RB because they already have one. They will go with their promising young guys in this rebuilding stage...Seattle I could see having interest, but I doubt LT would have much interest in them...Indy might be a good fit for both sides...

I think the most likely destination is San Diego...he wants to stay and will take the pay cut to stay. I really doubt he goes any where else. Outside of that, I would think Denver would be the most likely fit as they have big questions at RB going into next year, have an up and coming team (especially on offense) and he would get to play SD twice a year.

He did run well. Also bragged twice to the press about how he was so, so proud of himself. My thought is that he'll go to the highest bidder - and that is never CIN.