London Runs Out of Road Salt

BillsNYC

My brother in London just emailed me and said they have a lot of snow and are running out of salt for the roads because the City Council bought into Global Warming and thought they'd need to buy less salt because there'd be less snow.

Thought he was joking, then looked it up....it's true!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!

"West Lancashire MP Rosie Cooper accused councils of cutting the number of roads they grit, while David Frost, director-general of the British Chambers of Commerce, said the snow and subsequent disruption had cost British business "a lot of money".

He said: "I wonder whether we have become a bit too complacent or we are being a bit too bowled over by the constant talk of global warming and the fact that temperatures are always going to rise and therefore when something like this does happen, we are caught very much on the hop. "

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/topics/weather/...-continues.html

Frost is making political hay on the subject as much as the people on the pro-Warming side of the argument are.

The simple fact is: London gets weather like this about once every 25 years. They typically have no reason to stock road salt. The decision has sh---all to do with global warming, no matter how much Frost blathers.