A name that sadly gets passed over

Adam

Turned his guns on American soldiers and that is called courageous?

The media has propped up all American soldiers to a point that's it's almost a sickness. There are still plenty of dirtbags wearing the uniform and combat makes some people do really terrible things for reasons that are unexplainable.

I don't know why people can't look at an individual event for what it is. If you don't think taking a moral stand against hardened combat soldiers doing unspeakable things to innocents is courageous, then you probably don't know what the word means.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The media has propped up all American soldiers to a point that's it's almost a sickness. There are still plenty of dirtbags wearing the uniform and combat makes some people do really terrible things for reasons that are unexplainable.

I don't know why people can't look at an individual event for what it is. If you don't think taking a moral stand against hardened combat soldiers doing unspeakable things to innocents is courageous, then you probably don't know what the word means.

Excellent post.

Excellent post, AD. But it really isn't unexplainable- first you go through a process of deindividualizing the enemy captives- humiliate them, take away their rights and make them all look and seem the same- it dulls them to what you do to them, decreasing resistance. Also, you dehumanize them- label them infidels, terrorists or something of that sort.

Add in the fact that the troops fight with become like family- the fact that you lose so many becomes frustrating enough to push you to the breaking point- the above two psychological techniques make it very easy at that point for a good person to do terrible things. It however should never remove accountability. At some point, without even knowing it, you risk losing everything you have been fighting for and becoming everything that you thought you were fighting against....such a fine line.

Quite a shame that although there have always been more villains than heroes, it seems more hopeless than ever from that standpoint

Human nature can be very scary. We are very weakminded and easy to manipulate- and the more you think you are incapable of such inhumane acts, the easier it is to sway you.

LOL. Isn't this the truth! See the last election

LOL. Isn't this the truth! See the last election

Last election or last bunch of elections. In all fairness, I won't ask if you think President Bush was the worst President in history- I will ask if you think he was the worst Republican President in history. I can think of a lot of good ones and I don't consider him to be one of them.

Last election or last bunch of elections. In all fairness, I won't ask if you think President Bush was the worst President in history- I will ask if you think he was the worst Republican President in history. I can think of a lot of good ones and I don't consider him to be one of them.

What was your impression, when less than two years ago, U.S. unemployment was at record lows?

Do you consider the possibility that the opposition tanked the economy for the purpose of winning control of the Executive Branch?

Hugh Thompson Jr. is a name that should be taught in every history class- he did something that was very unpopular at the time, risked everything by violating chain of command, but is the definition of what a war hero really is.

Through all the hell that most of us will never know, he kept his morals and his dignity. It is a shame so few know who he was. I can only hope that I would have the fortitude to be like him. Unfortunately, I am not so sure I could

Well at least they named a helicopter after him...and a machine gun.

What was your impression, when less than two years ago, U.S. unemployment was at record lows?

Do you consider the possibility that the opposition tanked the economy for the purpose of winning control of the Executive Branch?

If they did, then shame on them. No president that I can remember finished with no positives.....heck even Jimmy Carter did something good and he was terrible.

The other Republican presidents I remember were George HW Bush and Ronald Reagan. They were much better IMHO. From what I understand, Nixon, despite his impeachment, was a great president. Abraham Lincoln, the founder of the party was arguably the greatest president in our history.

If they did, then shame on them. No president that I can remember finished with no positives.....heck even Jimmy Carter did something good and he was terrible.

The other Republican presidents I remember were George HW Bush and Ronald Reagan. They were much better IMHO. From what I understand, Nixon, despite his impeachment, was a great president. Abraham Lincoln, the founder of the party was arguably the greatest president in our history.

NIXON WAS A GREAT PRESIDENT?!

I would love to know WHERE you got THAT impression?!

Eat a bag of dick, Deborah.

Aren't YOU a pig? Well of course you are. That's why I've blocked you for years. A MAJOR pig and EXCELLENT representative for your side. So excellent.

Pig.

It's too bad Alaska is so pretty, I hate so think of it as populated by pigs and ignoramuses. But alas, so it seems to be.

Oink.

NIXON WAS A GREAT PRESIDENT?!

I would love to know WHERE you got THAT impression?!

I said from what I understand he was a great president- I have been told that by quite a few people. For some reason or other, I probably know less about him than any other president. I do think the people who say he didn't do anything that other presidents didn't do are clueless- if you get caught, you get punished.

I was very disappointed that Frost/Nixon wasn't shown anywhere in the area....I really wanted to see it.....oh well, maybe I'll check out the DVD

I'll modify this response- wasn't he re-elected by one of the biggest margins ever? Sure, he probably wasn't perfect, but he had to do something right

Aren't YOU a pig? Well of course you are. That's why I've blocked you for years. A MAJOR pig and EXCELLENT representative for your side. So excellent.

Pig.

It's too bad Alaska is so pretty, I hate so think of it as populated by pigs and ignoramuses. But alas, so it seems to be.

Oink.

I love the fact that you've never been able to take what you dish out. Just furthering your hypocrisy. And I'm quite glad that you have that opinion of Alaska because it keeps down the likelihood that I'll ever have to deal with just another Lower 48 wool covered retard.

I love the fact that you've never been able to take what you dish out. Just furthering your hypocrisy. And I'm quite glad that you have that opinion of Alaska because it keeps down the likelihood that I'll ever have to deal with just another Lower 48 wool covered retard.

She may show up on 5th one day, at a PETA demonstration. :wallbash:

When the day comes that I rely on filthy statements like the one above, I'll agree with you. I may go after people but I can do so very well without filth.

There are lines, and then there are lines. You may indeed be as ignorant and uncouth as you present yourself, but even a "retard" knows better than to cross certain lines. What that makes you and your little toadie from Anchorage - I couldn't say.

What I will say again, is that I've blocked you for years with good reason and my only mistake now was actually reading a few of your stupid, narrow-minded and ill-informed posts.

By the way, I love Alaska. It's a beautiful place. I have friends there. And even they admit that the big problem with their state is the influx of losers who can't make it anywhere else.

When the day comes that I rely on filthy statements like the one above, I'll agree with you. I may go after people but I can do so very well without filth.

There are lines, and then there are lines. You may indeed be as ignorant and uncouth as you present yourself, but even a "retard" knows better than to cross certain lines. What that makes you and your little toadie from Anchorage - I couldn't say.

What I will say again, is that I've blocked you for years with good reason and my only mistake now was actually reading a few of your stupid, narrow-minded and ill-informed posts.

By the way, I love Alaska. It's a beautiful place. I have friends there. And even they admit that the big problem with their state is the influx of losers who can't make it anywhere else.

You have me at a disadvantage because your remarkable ignorance leaves me unable to know where to start. Stick with gay rights ,and other such matters you are expert in.have a good day. Toadie :D

You're so right. Calling the GOP "Gang of Pedophiles" was very classy and certainly within the lines you're alluding to, right? Actually, it was more of your typical behavior. Keep telling everyone what a lady you are. If you repeat it enough, someone will believe you.

You wouldn't know a cogent argument if it bit you in your surely ample posterior. I'll let you know the second I give a flying crap about your opinion on anything, much less whether my views are "stupid, narrow-minded, or ill-informed."

I'm sure you have elitist friends everywhere. I thought you liberals were the champions of losers who can't make it in America? Or is it just the people who are willing to allow you to say/do whatever you want without consequences, no matter how ludicrous? [/rhetorical]

Now tell everyone how fortunate you are and how great your life is.

I'd also like to add, that IMO anyone, weather it be this board OR any of the others on this site that blocking anyone is quite immature and for lack of a better word, a moron. I mean really? you have to block someone, then tell them they're blocked? How high school is that. Who gives a !@#$ what people say here, just scroll threw their posts. To threaten or to say that you've done it or are going to do it is just the MOST assine thing I'VE EVER READ.

Idiots.