Rochester officer shot in head with back turned

HelloNewman

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But I thought it was illegal to have a gun if you're 14? You know I read if you make something illegal it would never happen. If we made all guns illegal no body would ever get shot.

Actually, I am shocked that we don't have one of the police haters here saying the officer probably did something to deserve it.

oh my !@#$ing god... that cop is a college buddy of mine. I am glad you posted that. :w00t:

Tony is by far, one of the most standup people i have ever met, and worked with. This is an absolute travesty, and that kid should get at least 20 years for being a piece of sh--

Wow! I can't believe how prescient I was about the parents. <_< On the news all they would say is he's a good kid. :w00t:

But I thought it was illegal to have a gun if you're 14? You know I read if you make something illegal it would never happen. If we made all guns illegal no body would ever get shot.

Actually, I am shocked that we don't have one of the police haters here saying the officer probably did something to deserve it.

God, you're an idiot.

oh my !@#$ing god... that cop is a college buddy of mine. I am glad you posted that. :P

Tony is by far, one of the most standup people i have ever met, and worked with. This is an absolute travesty, and that kid should get at least 20 years for being a piece of sh--

Man I'm sorry to hear that. Everybody who knows him is saying the same thing. It really pisses me off that this A-hole at most will get 10 1/2 years!! :D

I am surprised this happened to a rookie officer. Usually their officer safety skills are better than their more experienced and complacent counterparts.

OMG, you are sadly mistaken. I suspect that you are a rookie cop. In a few years you will see just how wrong you are.

Be careful. :wallbash:

and yet he'll (the 14 year old) will recieve the full weight of the law in his defence.

"He was such a good boy, it was an accident, he didnt mean it"

To his defense, he is a kid, who doesn't legally know right from wrong. We all did bad sh-- as kids, this kid crossed the line.

Gee, the cops should riot now. I mean, peoples rioted for that schmoe that got killed on the Bart

Low blow...if u watch that video i don't know how u couldn't feel for that guy who got shot in CA. I was fuming watching the video. If i were his friend i don't know that i could have sat there and watched my friend get murdered.

To his defense, he is a kid, who doesn't legally know right from wrong. We all did bad sh-- as kids, this kid crossed the line.

He is a kid but 14 year olds know the consequences of pointing a gun at a policeman's head and pulling the trigger. He didn't cross the line, he flew 5,000 miles over it.

He is a kid but 14 year olds know the consequences of pointing a gun at a policeman's head and pulling the trigger. He didn't cross the line, he flew 5,000 miles over it.

totally agree, however who I was at 14 and what was acceptable, to what is acceptable now are night and day. I was fortunate enough to have good parents who laid down the law. Just making the point that this kid at 25 yrs old hopefully will have learned hi slesson and be different than he is now at 14.

totally agree, however who I was at 14 and what was acceptable, to what is acceptable now are night and day. I was fortunate enough to have good parents who laid down the law. Just making the point that this kid at 25 yrs old hopefully will have learned hi slesson and be different than he is now at 14.

after spending 10 years in the big house - starting at age 14 - with 'hardened' recidivist criminal offenders, he will be WAY different

Little update, I called back up to Brockport, where Tony and I know some of the same people. From our old boss, he was relaying to me that he was able move his legs a little and give a thumbs up to his best friend, but is still a long way away from being back to normal.

Little update, I called back up to Brockport, where Tony and I know some of the same people. From our old boss, he was relaying to me that he was able move his legs a little and give a thumbs up to his best friend, but is still a long way away from being back to normal.

Wow thats is great news, but yeah it will be years upon years upon years of physical therapy before he is ever completely back to normal, IF he is ever completely back to normal.

Yeah, I was a sniper and shot cops all the time.

Unless this kid is from another planet, how the HELL could he not know this was wrong? He may not "legally know" because he is 14, but in his heart and mind he knows it was NOT RIGHT!

Can there be any doubt to that? :wallbash:

oh my !@#$ing god... that cop is a college buddy of mine. I am glad you posted that. :wallbash:

part of my job entails me to visit Rochester General Hospital on a weekly basis. I spoke with some of the staffers I work with and they told me the hallways around the hospital in the common areas were flooded with police officers from many different departments walking around. Looked like a police station instead of a hospital. Nice to see such support.

I also saw on various tv interviews that the Mayor of Rochester (Robert Duffy- fmr Rochester police chief as well) is ticked off like you cannot believe and is working on changing the law so people like this have harsher penalites for minors who commit this savagery. Good for him.

Sorry about your friend. I do not know him but I am glad he is recovering and not deceased. He does face a long road ahead of him (ie: inpt intensive physical therapy after he is transferred from the floor, etc....) but I have worked with Dr Paul Maurer (the MD who operated on Tony) on an admin basis and he is a damn good doctor, one of the best neurosurgeons ever, IMHO. Just keep praying for him like his parents instructed all of us to do up here.

Electric chair.

Game over.

I agree, but many posters (I can think of one in particular) around here believe that civilized societies do not/must not employ capital punishment. I'm sure that they (one in particular) do not have the courage to express their viewpoint to you, however.

I agree, but many posters (I can think of one in particular) around here believe that civilized societies do not/must not employ capital punishment. I'm sure that they (one in particular) do not have the courage to express their viewpoint to you, however.

The USA is the only industrialized Western country that utilizes the death penalty.

That's awesome. What do they know about his ability to retain his full brain recovery?

Yeah, I was a sniper and shot cops all the time.

Unless this kid is from another planet, how the HELL could he not know this was wrong? He may not "legally know" because he is 14, but in his heart and mind he knows it was NOT RIGHT!

Can there be any doubt to that? :wallbash:

I did when I was 14. All my friends knew right from wrong at 14.

I'm against the death penalty but not because I think scum like this, if he in fact did it, should live. I'm against it because mistakes are made.