With apologies to Lori

Part of it was because he played in a day when you could lead a hit with the crown of your helmet.

You are right - I remember him being interviewed in the paper, and he said that he knows it's dangerous but that's the way he plays best, so he'll do it anyway...........And, then last year, he was being interviewed on GR sometime after Everett's injury and somebody said something about Everett shouldn't have led with his head, and Conlon said I have to admit it wasn't smart, but that was how I did it, too.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shane Conlan was a good player, but the Bills blew it when they passed on HOF Rod Woodson! Said so at the time. We win at least one SB with him instead of Hammer Head! Drafting is an inexact science.....Oh well!

That's funny, Woodson didn't win any SB's during his career in Pittsburgh either. In fact, he only played in one, while the Woodson-less Bills played in four. Even worse, Woodson's only SB with the Steelers was their one loss, of the 7 SBs they have played in. Woodson might have been on the Ravens when they won in 2000, but I don't remember. Let's face it, you can exchange players and coaches all you want and say those Bills would have won a SB. Bottom line? Norwood missed a 47 yard field goal with 4 seconds left in their first SB, and if he makes that kick, who knows how many SB's the Bills might have won after that?

That's funny, Woodson didn't win any SB's during his career in Pittsburgh either. In fact, he only played in one, while the Woodson-less Bills played in four. Even worse, Woodson's only SB with the Steelers was their one loss, of the 7 SBs they have played in. Woodson might have been on the Ravens when they won in 2000, but I don't remember. Let's face it, you can exchange players and coaches all you want and say those Bills would have won a SB. Bottom line? Norwood missed a 47 yard field goal with 4 seconds left in their first SB, and if he makes that kick, who knows how manhave won after that?y SB's the Bills might

Well, at least one. However, moving down one slot in the draft may have cost us John Fina and Jeff Burris, who would have been steals ------if they had been taken in the third round, instead of the first.

I agree , they may have won more, as you don't know how free agency would have changed the perspective of players on our team(Wil Wolford) as well as other teams players....so many intangibles could have meant another title or two.

I've been a fan since 1965 and I just want one Title before I leave this world. That will erase all (I hope) the horrible feelings from 1980,1990,1991,1992,1993.