The Steelers changed their jerseys to Black & White

What about Harrisons so called "TD" His upfield elbow (left) was just barely across the goaline when it hit the ground, while his right arm held the football. There is no way it crossed the goaline. I thought that was pretty obvious. The 20 or so non-biased football fans I was watching the game with agreed (only one thought he was in). Not to mention the Steelers first drive of the 3rd quater was kept alive three times because of BS calls.

Steelers

You are welcome

Sincerely,

The Refs

What about Harrisons so called "TD" His upfield elbow (left) was just barely across the goaline when it hit the ground, while his right arm held the football. There is no way it crossed the goaline. I thought that was pretty obvious. The 20 or so non-biased football fans I was watching the game with agreed (only one thought he was in).

Did you watch it at a home for the blind?

The refs sure showed they loved the Steelers by waiving their own yellow terrible towels. About 50% of the penalties were legit. That roughing the passer call against AZ was horrible...how many times did Warner get blasted and there was no call.

Looking back, the Cardinals got robbed. But they also blew the game by making mistakes and being to conservative.

Both teams made enough mistakes to win or lose the game...Cardinals didn't lose because of the officiating, they lost because they didn't make enough plays to win, and turned sure points at the end of the first half into a TD for Pittsburgh with a horrible INT by Warner...

Stop blaming the officials and start blaming the players on the field---I am pretty sure that absolutely moronic penalty by Adrian Wilson when he ran over Mitch Berger on the field goal attempt and then kept running away like he didn't do anything was the refs fault too, right? Its one thing when the penalty didn't occur, but its another when its so obvious that the officials can't miss it. That gave the Steelers some extra points as well...Steelers probably could have cried over some of the calls too.

Bottom line is the Cards didn't do enough to win, especially in the first half...

I agree on some points. It was single handedly the worst reffed Super Bowl I have ever seen. That call on the Dansby was atrocious! They couldn't bring this guy down all night and he has a clean shot at the guy and gets flagged. Harrison should have been thrown out of the game for his Unnecessary Roughness, that and it came while the punt was in the air so it should have been Arizona ball.

You could see the NFL's investment in the Steelers. I got your back Jerry.

I agree on some points. It was single handedly the worst reffed Super Bowl I have ever seen. That call on the Dansby was atrocious! They couldn't bring this guy down all night and he has a clean shot at the guy and gets flagged. Harrison should have been thrown out of the game for his Unnecessary Roughness, that and it came while the punt was in the air so it should have been Arizona ball.

the main problem with your comment is that once the ball is punted it has changed possession. That is why when there is holding that occurs while the ball is in the air, it doesn't revert back to the punting team.

Bottomline, the Cards could've won the game regardless if their defense steps up on that last drive. They couldn't do it. Big Ben and the Steelers drove right down the field and put it in the endzone. The refs didn't lose this game for the Cardinals, their defense did.

The reffing was bad but it really evened out I thought. I'm not sure why people think Pittsburgh was the recipient of flagrant officiating bias? Gandy pretty much held on EVERY play but was only flagged twice. The refs called a slew of penalties on the Steelers in crunch time including a very rare Holding in the end zone to wipe out a critical1st down (and probably game over). Most refs totally overlook the holding in the end zone call and it was a ballsy call in a SuperBowl no less. I give the Steelers a lot of credit for somehow grabbing the momentum back after it was totally taken from them.

IMO, the refs were too involved in the game. We should not see them as often as we did.

IMO, the refs were too involved in the game. We should not see them as often as we did.

Bingo. it wasn't that the officiating was bad, it was just too significant. For instance, refs very rarely will call penalties in the endzone, knowing that it will result in a safety--yet they called the hold on the Steelers in the Super Bowl. It was the right call, just not one that should have been made, particularly since it was immaterial to the play.

Thanks!!! I agree, the refereeing was the worst I've seen in a Superbowl.