Key stat: 0 turnovers, 0 sacks

Fezmid

Not points but TD's in the red zone.  It's funny but those usually win games for you. 

I have to assume Arizona didn't blitz much and I also wonder who was starting on the line today.

93325[/snapback]

Actually, they blitzed a fair amount from what I could tell -- but WM was picking them up NICELY (I remember one where the guy flipped upside down on the block :w00t: ).

We also had Bannan and Sam Adams on the OL from time to time :D

CW

Those are key stats, no question about it. But the key stat of this game was starting field position.

We scored 31 of our 38 points without the offense having to drive more than 30 yards.

Our scoring drives:

7 plays, 19 yards for a field goal

4 plays, 55 yards for a TD

0 plays, 0 yards for a TD (kickoff)

4 plays, 19 yards for a TD

4 plays, 11 yards for a TD

7 plays, 30 yards for a TD

I don't care how bad you are on offense or who you are playing. If you are able to get that kind of starting field position, you're going to score some points. Kudos to the special teams for keying this win today.

Actually, they blitzed a fair amount from what I could tell -- but WM was picking them up NICELY (I remember one where the guy flipped upside down on the block :D ).

We also had Bannan and Sam Adams on the OL from time to time :D

CW

93332[/snapback]

Bannan needs to be converted permanently. :w00t:

Those are key stats, no question about it. But

I don't care how bad you are on offense or who you are playing. If you are able to get that kind of starting field position, you're going to score some points. Kudos to the special teams for keying this win today.

93335[/snapback]

We hadn't the rest of the year.....

Didn't we get the ball in Baltimore territory on the 2nd play of the game last week (for example)?

They played extremely well - stop raining on the parade.

CW

CW

93339[/snapback]

True. But we got to start deep in Arizona territory multiple times. I'm glad we were able to take advantage today. I think you can attribute it to many things:

1. Willis ran hard.

2. The offensive line played its best game in recent memory.

3. Putting Bannan and Adams in goalline situation helped tremendously.

4. Arizona is a team that likes easy weather conditions, and probably didn't want to show up today.

Didn't we get the ball in Baltimore territory on the 2nd play of the game last week (for example)?

They played extremely well - stop raining on the parade.

CW

93339[/snapback]

How the hell am I raining on any parade? I'm happy as hell. I haven't seen a Bills win since last December (couldn't watch the Dolphins game because I was out of town).

How the hell am I raining on any parade? I'm happy as hell. I haven't seen a Bills win since last December (couldn't watch the Dolphins game because I was out of town).

93355[/snapback]

Sorry if I misunderstood your post about teams being expected to score given a short field.

CW