What Would You Do?

Steely Dan

(I think the announcers changed it from a Card TO to a Steelers TO but the question entered my mind anyway)

The ball is just out of the endzone and Pittsburgh carries the ball and almost doesn't make it for what would have been a safety and then TO is called by the Cards. IMO, a HC should throw the red flag. It was a very close call and a replay will give you a lot more time than just a TO and there is a possibility the play will be reversed. The Cards got a safety on the next play but what do you think?

(I think the announcers changed it from a Card TO to a Steelers TO but the question entered my mind anyway)

The ball is just out of the endzone and Pittsburgh carries the ball and almost doesn't make it for what would have been a safety and then TO is called by the Cards. IMO, a HC should throw the red flag. It was a very close call and a replay will give you a lot more time than just a TO and there is a possibility the play will be reversed. The Cards got a safety on the next play but what do you think?

Replay showed clearly that Parker made it across the line .... I believe at that point the Cards only had one challenge left so not the time to burn it.

I agree that using a challenge as an extended timeout is a good idea (Especially with the possibility of an overturned call). However, the Cardinals already used two challenges and they wouldn't have been able to use another later in the game if they needed to.

If there was a critical call that was blatantly wrong later in the game, they wouldn't be able to do anything about it.

Replay showed clearly that Parker made it across the line .... I believe at that point the Cards only had one challenge left so not the time to burn it.

I misunderstood Steely's question...my bad. Your answer is the correct one, though.

I agree that using a challenge as an extended timeout is a good idea (Especially with the possibility of an overturned call). However, the Cardinals already used two challenges and they wouldn't have been able to use another later in the game if they needed to.

If there was a critical call that was blatantly wrong later in the game, they wouldn't be able to do anything about it.

:beer:

I believe there is a time to use a challenge instead of TO but that probably wasn't the time. It would probably be best used just before the 2 minute warning at the end of the game.

Still I feel brilliant for thinking of it. :thumbsup: