Anyone else think Katy Perry is the new Pat Benetar?

BuffaloBill

To show you how out of it I am, when it comes to pop music, I always wondered why everyone was talking about "I kissed a girl" last year. "That's a REALLY old song, I thought. Are people just now hearing it?"

I was thinking of this song:

i just heard the Katy Perry song for the first time, just now. It sucked...so maybe she is the new Pat Benetar. :beer:

She is cute, though.

To show you how out of it I am, when it comes to pop music, I always wondered why everyone was talking about "I kissed a girl" last year. "That's a REALLY old song, I thought. Are people just now hearing it?"

I was thinking of this song:

i just heard the Katy Perry song for the first time, just now. It sucked...so maybe she is the new Pat Benetar. :beer:

She is cute, though.

I have a tough time proclaiming anyone young enough to be my daughter "cute." I do try to draw lines. With this said, I do find her entertaining. Raw and refreshing.

I have a tough time proclaiming anyone young enough to be my daughter "cute." I do try to draw lines. With this said, I do find her entertaining. Raw and refreshing.

I'm not married and have no kids...so I find females your daughter's age to be very cute. :beer: Beware!

Katy Perry is 24. She's actually older than I thought she was.

I don't really see any resemblance between Katy and Pat Benatar.

Pat Benatar usually sounded like she was going to rip your b@!!$ off, especially early in her career. I just don't see that with Katy...she doesn't sound nearly as angry.

Formula for a Female pop sensation

1 decent looking jailbait female with an average voice + Slutty clothes and makeup - half of those clothes + a few songs about doing something naughty + (Her face allover the internet * 10) = $$$ for a record label

Same ole crap, different face

Benetar was very solid as was her band. Unbelievably strong voice. She married the lead guitarist I believe. Poppy Perry chick is not in her league.

Little info from Wiki

Pat Benatar (born Patricia Mae Andrzejewski on January 10, 1953) is a four-time Grammy Award-winning American singer best known for the songs "Love Is a Battlefield" and "Hit Me with Your Best Shot". Benatar is a top-selling artist according to the RIAA with 12.5 million certified units, including two RIAA-certified Multi-Platinum albums, five RIAA-certified Platinum albums, three RIAA-certified Gold albums, and 19 Top 40 singles to her credit. Benatar became eligible for induction to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in 2005. Benatar is also known for her thrilling mezzo-soprano vocal range.

Yea really. But Benetar has only twelve millions albums sold??

I thought that interesting as well. So I did some googling. You'd think that'd be an easy thing to find, but not so much. I found one site, a fan site, so not really trustworthy; that says over 30million sold. Then found another Bio on Rockphiles that claims 35 million sold. So, I'm going to put the estimate at closer to 30 million than 12 million - it just makes more sense.

I knew she was trained in opera and actually has a very good voice. Did not know about the 4 consecutive grammys for female rocker chick of the year. Either way, Katy Perry has quite a bit of ground to make up, IMO.

I thought that interesting as well. So I did some googling. You'd think that'd be an easy thing to find, but not so much. I found one site, a fan site, so not really trustworthy; that says over 30million sold. Then found another Bio on Rockphiles that claims 35 million sold. So, I'm going to put the estimate at closer to 30 million than 12 million - it just makes more sense.

I knew she was trained in opera and actually has a very good voice. Did not know about the 4 consecutive grammys for female rocker chick of the year. Either way, Katy Perry has quite a bit of ground to make up, IMO.

Thx for the insight...

but more interestingly your quote of talking proud caught my eye .... wow ... and the guy only posted 6 times. too bad