For all of you who said Gandy would be better than

BuffaloBill

Also do your homework ... third highest paid offensive lineman this year. I'll take Peters any day. The Bills need to get his deal done and move on.

Who in the hell said Gandy would be better than Peters? This board say a lot of stupid things, but that's never been one of them...

Who in the hell said Gandy would be better than Peters? This board say a lot of stupid things, but that's never been one of them...

Yes, it has been said, believe it or not.

Also do your homework ... third highest paid offensive lineman this year. I'll take Peters any day. The Bills need to get his deal done and move on.

While I think Peters is better than Gandy(of course)..I dont think Gandy did that bad of a job.Seems like he was one on one with Harrison waay too much. Peters woulda got burnt as well tonite.

While I think Peters is better than Gandy(of course)..I dont think Gandy did that bad of a job.Seems like he was one on one with Harrison waay too much. Peters woulda got burnt as well tonite.

So you want a journeyman in the position? Peters can and has played elite ball. The Bills need to pay him what is fair and let the guy do his job. We have way too many other needs to address. LT is not a problem deal with the positions that are.

Not if he'd gone to training camp. Again, the last year he went to training camp, Peters allowed one sack all year, playing on an island, virtually without double-team help. He wouldn't have got burnt.

I agree. Try and make a him a respectable offer, fair for both sides, keep him on the team and move on.

Gandys not that great. Neither is Peters. The huge difference between them is potential. Gandys a journeyman,Peters is a guy with pro-bowl talent and questionable work ethic and character. Until Peters shows more in those areas he doesn't deserve a big extension,IMO.

Gandys not that great. Neither is Peters. The huge difference between them is potential. Gandys a journeyman,Peters is a guy with pro-bowl talent and questionable work ethic and character. Until Peters shows more in those areas he doesn't deserve a big extension,IMO.

In his career with the Bills, Peters made ONE mistake that brings his work ethic into question...a big one, I'll grant you, but only one: Holding out.

He has never been anything other than the ultimate team player until that holdout, last year.

Why not make Lynch your posterboy then?? He had more offseason issues and is his play really probowl level? Let's trade Lynch too. For that matter why don't we add Evans to the trade list? Why does Peters have a questionable work ethic? has this been said by anyone on the team .. the people who would know? As for character did the Bills not say during his holdout that Jason is a stand up guy?

This focus on Peters is BS. Like it or not he is the most solid player on our line and among the top in the NFL. We need him retained and focused. Get the contract done and move on. The Bills have cap room.

gandy was terrible in the SB, i like him, but you can't deny he was costly and and a burden today.

Played not much different than when he was a Buffalo Bill. Keep in mind that AZ was only 9-7 through the season and their run game was a joke. So Gandy can pass block with a veteran QB with a very quick release. Pisses me off that people fail to realize that conditions in Buffalo forces Peters to be a far better all around player.

In his career with the Bills, Peters made ONE mistake that brings his work ethic into question...a big one, I'll grant you, but only one: Holding out.

He has never been anything other than the ultimate team player until that holdout, last year.

I grant you that he has been a team player till the holdout. But it was not just the holdout but his mediocre play after his return that bothers me. If he decided to end his hold out, he should have given his all in solidifying his position but came up small. I hold that against him big time.

To return to the original topic, Gandy made big critical mistakes which arguably were some of the major reasons Arizona lost. I think Peters is much better than him but has to prove himself to be a total team player and also be able to handle the likes of Harrison. Then he will be truly elite.

I grant you that he has been a team player till the holdout. But it was not just the holdout but his mediocre play after his return that bothers me. If he decided to end his hold out, he should have given his all in solidifying his position but came up small. I hold that against him big time.

To return to the original topic, Gandy made big critical mistakes which arguably were some of the major reasons Arizona lost. I think Peters is much better than him but has to prove himself to be a total team player and also be able to handle the likes of Harrison. Then he will be truly elite.

I'm not sure what you mean by " given his all in solidifying his position". I assume that he worked like hell, during the year, but couldn't make up for missing all of the offseason program. i have yet to hear otherwise. But, he did get better as the year went on, and actually looked quite good, in many games, even though he got beat (badly sometimes) by a quick defensive lineman/LB.

I agree that he is still not anywhere near an "elite" LT. But, he was playing at very high level last year (2007), and at least an average level, this past year (because of the sacks issue). He is still being paid at a level well below even an average starting LT. For example Gandy made 5 mil this year, Peters made 3.25 mil (the Steeler's Starks made 6.895 mil). I don't blame him for being pissed off...I do blame him (and his agent) for sitting out.

i just hope the bad blood (on both sides) isn't too far gone to get a fair deal, for both sides, done this offseason.

his mediocre play after his return that bothers me. If he decided to end his hold out, he should have given his all in solidifying his position but came up small. I hold that against him big time.

Get a grip... the guy sti;; played at a very high level. He has to play to make up for Dockery - average at best.

I'm not sure what you mean by " given his all in solidifying his position".

What I mean is that his holding out was wrong on multiple fronts. Not only did he send a wrong message about him being a me-first guy but missed an opportunity to start the O-Line gelling process in the offseason (as they were under a new OC). missing the early games and then taking time to get 'up to speed'. Even after that he was good but not near his 2007 level. Which means that in one way or the other, he hurt the team throughout the season. He was certainly not a strong piece of the O Line and hence did not solidify the LT position for the Bills this season. We now have a question mark - which player is he ? the 2007 potential great or the 2008 average LT ? Did his injury bother him or was he not motivated to play up to his potential ? I don't have enough evidence to say one way or the other. But I am hypocritical enough to give him the benefit of doubt and lobby the Bills to pay the man (at least he is a known devil).