Man of Steele

BillsNYC

Wow - your inability to read and comprehend is nothing short of embarrassing. The wiki passage was given because it was clear you hadn't been researching anything and needed to be caught up to the basic outlines of the controversary. If you have a reputable source that contradicts that summary, bring it on. Wiki is not my source, as I have explained repeatedly. Despite over an hour researching it, I cannot find any reputable source substantiating your claims. Hence my repeated request.

Even your links are a joke. Both WTOP radio and the Baltimore City Paper, bastions of investigative reporting, contradict what you have been saying. The sad thing is that you can't see why.

That's it for me.

Dude, you are deranged. The links say what Wiki says that Steele and the GOP made up the whole "racial" incident. That was my point. What the !@#$ is yours?

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

MSNBC this morning implied that the only reason he won was because he was black and Republicans want the black vote. I think it helped him, especially when the other guy was from SC and belonged to an all-white cc. However Republicans know they needed a new and familiar face, and somebody that could be great on TV and speaking events to counter President Obama and compete with him for air time. Republicans need major PR work, and Steele is the right man for that.

MSNBC this morning implied that the only reason he won was because he was black and Republicans want the black vote. I think it helped him, especially when the other guy was from SC and belonged to an all-white cc. However Republicans know they needed a new and familiar face, and somebody that could be great on TV and speaking events to counter President Obama and compete with him for air time. Republicans need major PR work, and Steele is the right man for that.

It should be pointed out that Steele wasn't the only african-american candidate. Two of the six were black, and the other (Ken Blackwell of Ohio) was generally considered to be more of a party insider.

(Blackwell was the only african-american of either party to be nominated for governer in Ohio, losing in 2006. He was previously SecState there.)

I'm inclined to agree with the speaking part - he's pretty good.

http://www.davidduke.com/general/gop-trait...party_7443.html

I am glad these traitorous leaders of the Republican Party appointed this Black racist, affirmative action advocate to the head of the Republican party because this will lead to a huge revolt among the Republican base. As a former Republican official, I can tell you that millions of rank-and-file Republicans are mad as hell and aren’t going to take it anymore! We will either take the Republican Party back over the next four years or we will say, “To Hell With the Republican Party!” And we will take 90 percent of Republicans with us into a New Party that will take its current place!

Sarah Palin didn't get the female vote.

This guy IS familiar, he's on Bill Maher a lot.

That said - I think the GOP will be judged more on how they act toward Obama particularly in the beginning. While I am not sure I think the "economic stimulation" legislation is all that, the fact that they are trumpeting their unity in standing against it, is not going to do them any good. I was pleased to see the two moderates step up to go through it - that's how the process SHOULD work. Don't shoot the whole thing down, work together to make it good. Of course "good" is purely subjective....as in an International Airport in Mississippi....ugh... and other totally wasteful expenditures.

That said - I think the GOP will be judged more on how they act toward Obama particularly in the beginning. While I am not sure I think the "economic stimulation" legislation is all that, the fact that they are trumpeting their unity in standing against it, is not going to do them any good. I was pleased to see the two moderates step up to go through it - that's how the process SHOULD work. Don't shoot the whole thing down, work together to make it good. Of course "good" is purely subjective....as in an International Airport in Mississippi....ugh... and other totally wasteful expenditures.

For some that live in MS, they might be wondering... hey, where's the love? :lol: Now had you spent anytime in MS, you might be well aware that any time you land in MS, you're pretty well landing in another country, if not another point time.

He won't draw the black vote, which is stupid for MSNBC ot even suggest. However, he is going to go after minorities and make the case for why they should vote Republican, instead of just calling it a lost cause as in the past.

He often hosted Hannity and Colmes when Hannity was out, and is on Fox News all the time. He's great on TV.

Standing in unity against a bill that is becoming increasingly unpopular the more that is released about it won't do them any good? Of course it will! They already got the STD part taken out, who knows how much else will get taken out that doesn't belong in a stimulus package. Republicans lost power in part because they were increasing spending and government the last 10 years, returning to fiscal conservatism in unison is a huge step and put the President/Dems on the defense big time, especially because the vote against it was bi-partisan, not for as Obama wanted.

And Republicans are doing the right thing by not only shooting it down, but offering an alternative, which is what they are supposed to do, then negotiate to the middle. That's how politics should work.

For some that live in MS, they might be wondering... hey, where's the love? :lol: Now had you spent anytime in MS, you might be well aware that any time you land in MS, you're pretty well landing in another country, if not another point time.

It's actually Texas that claims to be a "whole other country"...which is true. Another saying in Texas is "Thank God for Mississippi", which means "if it weren't for Mississippi, WE would lead the nation in teen pregnancy, child poverty, high school dropouts...etc."

I think MS might be pretty in some areas, but I don't see myself doing more than passin on thru.

:-)

It's actually Texas that claims to be a "whole other country"...which is true. Another saying in Texas is "Thank God for Mississippi", which means "if it weren't for Mississippi, WE would lead the nation in teen pregnancy, child poverty, high school dropouts...etc."

I think MS might be pretty in some areas, but I don't see myself doing more than passin on thru.

:-)

That's what I thought .... then I moved here. :lol:

I thought Louisiana was the worst? Remember reading how bad it was in Dead Man Walking.....of course I started reading it the last few weeks of senior year in college so only got through the first chapter....the rest is a hazy mist after that.....

I thought Louisiana was the worst? Remember reading how bad it was in Dead Man Walking.....of course I started reading it the last few weeks of senior year in college so only got through the first chapter....the rest is a hazy mist after that.....

I think that Louisiana, Alabama, and Mississippi take turns. No matter - Texas is grateful.

You're a moronic partisan hack. All those stories are partisan pieces written by GOP backers. It's ALL completely and utterly untrue.

In fact, Steele made up stories about racial insults and got caught in the lies. Afterward he got pummeled in his senate race.

And Party DOES trump race. In other words, in case you missed the clear point, that Black voters chose the DEMOCRAT because he represented their views and didn't vote for Steele only because he was the same race. What part of that don't you agree with? You frickin' party hack.

And can the moral, racial outrage. It doesn't suit you.

For once try to find out the facts before grandstanding.

OH PLEASE. If Barack was white, he'd still be "Barry the Community Organizer." Even BLACK PEOPLE...the honest opnes...admit that.

Race was the one BILLION pound gorilla in the room.

The GOP is better at the art of "window dressing" than the Democrats but...I don't know that this guy is an empty suit. He may have been selected to counter the black President, but he's also reputedly moderate and willing to be reasonable. If that's the case, and if that means that the GOP will start fielding more viable candidates than the extremist nitwits they've liked for so long, great. It remains to be seen whether this guy will take the reins firmly in his hands or whether he'll turn out to be a "front" with the same pinheaded wingnuts pulling the strings. I certainly hope the latter isn't the case. I, and most Americans, are tired of political parties whose ONLY goal is to win at any cost, and the people be damned.

Right...becuase John McCain was such an etreme right winger.

Time to up your meds Debbie. Your obsession with Palin is bordering on a mania.

Puhlease. I can't help it if he picked her for a running mate. Fact is, she is more extreme than he is. That's why she was perfect for a guy who is no longer handsome and needed to appeal to the wingnuts.

I bet you've got a automatic paycheck deduction going to SarahPac right now.