Rice taking big time Shots at Gruden!

I always thought Gruden was a bit Smug! How about Rice calling him names and saying he has no integrity! He took Dungy's players and won a Bowl, not much since but a downward spiral! What do you think our players will have to say about Jauron once he gets the Axe?

I'l start with " Nice guy, No BALLS! "

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I always thought Gruden was a bit Smug! How about Rice calling him names and saying he has no integrity! He took Dungy's players and won a Bowl, not much since but a downward spiral! What do you think our players will have to say about Jauron once he gets the Axe?

Rice said Gruden has no integrity?? when??

oh i thought you were talking about JERRY...nevermind......Simeons opinion doesnt mean much

While it is fair to point out that Gruden won the SB with Dungy's players it should also be pointed out that they faced the Raiders, Gruden's old team. So if you want to take credit away for him leading the Bucs you must give him credit for putting together the Raiders.

I wouldn't be surprised to see him back eventually, but a bit different in his personal approach.

But...but... he yells a lot so he must be a great coach! We should hire him!

hahahaha...nice...

Yeah, it cracks me up that this guy is regarded as such a great coach yet in 7 seasons in TB he only had back to back winning seasons once and a losing record if you remove the SB year he won with Dungy's team. Nobody trusts him at all...not his fellow coaches nor his players. But because he scowls like Chucky on the sideline people wet themselves thinking about him as our next coach...

Seriously, I would take Gregg Williams back before I would want Gruden. This guy has few friends in the NFL and he is about the equivalent of a sleezy used car salesman...

While it is fair to point out that Gruden won the SB with Dungy's players it should also be pointed out that they faced the Raiders, Gruden's old team. So if you want to take credit away for him leading the Bucs you must give him credit for putting together the Raiders.

I wouldn't be surprised to see him back eventually, but a bit different in his personal approach.

He didnt assemble the Raiders...why does everyone say this? Gruden had little to do with the building of that organization and his players werent very fond of him either and many were happy to see him go. Al Davis was laughing all the way to the bank on that fleecing they got from TB.

He never got any real personnel power until he got to TB where he took that power and ran the organization into the ground by running the key players out of town, poor FA periods, and bad drafts.

He didnt assemble the Raiders...why does everyone say this? Gruden had little to do with the building of that organization and his players werent very fond of him either and many were happy to see him go. Al Davis was laughing all the way to the bank on that fleecing they got from TB.

He never got any real personnel power until he got to TB where he took that power and ran the organization into the ground by running the key players out of town, poor FA periods, and bad drafts.

I'm sure Al Davis was laughing all the way to the bank after Gruden spanked his ass in the super bowl. How did those extra 1st rounders turn out for oakland? they use them to build a really strong team?

OK, so you're not going to give him credit for the Raiders.

And you're not going to give him credit for the Bucs.

He must suck. Jauron>Gruden

BTW...al might be laughing his way to the bank, but his teams took a sharp nosedive, no?

Here's one other players perspective:

Another point of view

There has been plenty of Jon Gruden bashing since the Bucs fired him as coach two weeks ago. Ex-players, especially, have gone to the media to criticize Gruden. But one of his backers could be found Wednesday night in St. Petersburg. ESPN analyst and former NFL great Cris Carter was a part of a panel that spoke about sports journalism at the Poynter Institute . In a league full of immature kids and veterans with strong personalities, Carter said Gruden runs a team the way it should be . The coach, Carter said, has to be the one in charge. "I hope there are more coaches coming into the NFL like Jon Gruden," he said, "than coaches who allow players to run the team."

link

I'm sure Al Davis was laughing all the way to the bank after Gruden spanked his ass in the super bowl. How did those extra 1st rounders turn out for oakland? they use them to build a really strong team?

Gruden didnt get Al a SB in Oak, so whats your point? He got a fleecing of draft picks for a guy who his players didnt like or trust (yes, he had that problem in Oakland too)...

What Oakland did with those draft picks is irrelevant...they got incredible value for an over rated coach...

Gruden didnt get Al a SB in Oak, so whats your point? He got a fleecing of draft picks for a guy who his players didnt like or trust (yes, he had that problem in Oakland too)...

What Oakland did with those draft picks is irrelevant...they got incredible value for an over rated coach...

And Tampa got the Lombardi.

Tampa won the super bowl, over Oakland, in case you forgot. Since that super bowl, Oakland hasn't won more than 5 games in any season. And what they did with the picks is relevant. If they turned them into a consistent contender, it would be a fleecing. but oakland did nothing with those picks. And i guarantee you anyone here on the board would gladly trade our '09 and 2010 1st round picks for a Super Bowl title. So who got fleeced?