Lions to cut Furrey

Fewell733

he would fill a major need for another veteran receiver that the offense can rely on. We saw what the offense was without Reed.

http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/01/28/...ding-to-furrey/

update -

Furrey out, Culpepper in for Lions

By DAVID BIRKETT

JRC News Service

ALLEN PARK — Receiver Mike Furrey told reporters in Tampa Bay for Super Bowl XLIII that the Lions have informed him he will be released once the NFL calendar allows it next month.

Speaking to the Detroit News and Free Press, Furrey said Lions general manager Martin Mayhew spent Tuesday “calling the guys they were releasing” and he was one of them.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Michael Clayton of the Bucs is available. If you want downfield blocking, this guy is the BEST in the NFL at that. He's been plaged by injuries, but was healthy last year and started to show flashes of his rookie year play.

we do not need a blocking wideout. we need someone who can get OPEN besides lee evans, preferably someone over 6'

Michael Clayton of the Bucs is available. If you want downfield blocking, this guy is the BEST in the NFL at that. He's been plaged by injuries, but was healthy last year and started to show flashes of his rookie year play.

Clayton would be a great option.

ever since his 2nd year, he's forgotten how to catch a football. no thanks.

ever since his 2nd year, he's forgotten how to catch a football. no thanks.

As I said he had been INJURED. He then got into Grudens doghouse which takes forever to get out of, leading to a lack of balls coming his way. He made some nice timely catches last year, & I think 09 will be a good year for him, & as I said he is a GREAT downfield blocker which would help the running backs a lot.