Good article on Tomlin

Beerball

I like how some people (some posters here as well) criticize Tomlin for the mistakes he makes coaching. He's a sophomore coach going to the Super Bowl...HELLO? He's only going to get BETTER with experience. The Steelers don't hire coaches for one or two years, they hire GOOD coaches who become GREAT coaches for the duration of their careers. That's continuity in the good sense. And hence why they have Super Bowls and success and we have Dick Jauron and 10 years without a playoff birth.

I like how some people (some posters here as well) criticize Tomlin for the mistakes he makes coaching. He's a sophomore coach going to the Super Bowl...HELLO? He's only going to get BETTER with experience. The Steelers don't hire coaches for one or two years, they hire GOOD coaches who become GREAT coaches for the duration of their careers. That's continuity in the good sense. And hence why they have Super Bowls and success and we have Dick Jauron and 10 years without a playoff birth.

Yup.

Tomlin is still very young and he will get better. He has made lots of great decisions and his players play hard for him. He had the sense to retain LeBeau and not implement his 4-3 defense. And I do believe I heard that he is the youngest coach to coach in a Super Bowl. That should tell you something right there. And the fact that he beat out Whisenhunt and Grimm for the job tells you something too. He just coached his team to the Super Bowl. I'm jealous.

Yup.

Tomlin is still very young and he will get better. He has made lots of great decisions and his players play hard for him. He had the sense to retain LeBeau and not implement his 4-3 defense. And I do believe I heard that he is the youngest coach to coach in a Super Bowl. That should tell you something right there. And the fact that he beat out Whisenhunt and Grimm for the job tells you something too. He just coached his team to the Super Bowl. I'm jealous.

But we have........continuity!