Should we maybe get McGee on punts?

bartshan-83

WHOLE different ballgame. You are guaranteed blockers on a kickoff return. On a punt return you have 3-4 gunners running straight at you to knock your head off.

93053[/snapback]

Yeah no sh*t. But the man has a knack for kicks, why not at least try him out as a PR? You think he will be worse than anyone else on the team?

Yeah no sh*t. But the man has a knack for kicks, why not at least try him out as a PR? You think he will be worse than anyone else on the team?

93059[/snapback]

Yes. Clements has shown in the past that he can return punts. He has scored a TD on a punt return before.

In fact , last year he averaged 10 yards a punt return. Thats pretty good. Not to mention his 21 yard per average kick return in 2001.

93078[/snapback]

Hey bro I'm not debating that he was good in the past. But it seems that around here its what did you do for me lately. Just thought it might be a good idea to give a try to the guy who is hot right now.

... and Im trying to tell you that , we dont want our up and rising star to get killed on punt returns. Also - speaking of "what have you done for me lately" - should we give Evans , Moulds spot because Moulds isnt catching 10 receptions a game???

And THE WIND is hurting Clements.

... and Im trying to tell you that , we dont want our up and rising star to get killed on punt returns. Also - speaking of "what have you done for me lately" - should we give Evans , Moulds spot because Moulds isnt catching 10 receptions a game???

And THE WIND is hurting Clements.

93082[/snapback]

For a guy who just said "its all good, you are entitled to your opinion" you sure don't seem to want to give me that. It was a suggestion. An opinion. I've tried to back off twice and leave it at that.

I THINK Clements is not very effective this year (low average) I also THINK that he can be a liability on PRs (fumbles). I also THINK that if you the guy you put on PRs is gonna get killed, then it shouldn't be our best CB. Finally, I THINK McGee could add a spark.

nice chattin.

For a guy who just said "its all good, you are entitled to your opinion" you sure don't seem to want to give me that. It was a suggestion. An opinion. I've tried to back off twice and leave it at that.

You should see him on PPP....

I THINK Clements is not very effective this year (low average) I also THINK that he can be a liability on PRs (fumbles). I also THINK that if you the guy you put on PRs is gonna get killed, then it shouldn't be our best CB.  Finally, I THINK McGee could add a spark.

93097[/snapback]

It's a difficult situation. You don't really want to put a starter in a situation like we lost Burris on in Indy all those years ago. He was NEVER the same after it. So I understand the point about not wanting Clements out there as a tackling target. Case in point, AP was reporting that Reed went out w/ a knee injury after a PR two minutes in.

Putting McGee on punts would put a backup in (if Vincent were playing) who has shown a LOT on the KR. But it isn't an exact corollary b/c of blocking schemes, etc. Is it right, is it wrong, who knows, but the coaches haven't put him in the spot so you have to accept that they know something we don't. Then again, this is the braintrust that is sticking w/ Drew....