4. The staff

5. A special trait

6. The tough decision

7. The team

8. The building

9. The media

10. A bit of luck

Full article

Great article, sphere. Unfortunately, the Bills have a problem with #1 (which directly prevents from fixing #4) and that isn't going to change until we have a new #1.

1. The owner

2. The tradition

3. The QB

4. The staff

5. A special trait

6. The tough decision

7. The team

8. The building

9. The media

10. A bit of luck

Full article

We have none of those. There's a team, and there's a tradition (mid sixties, late eighties to early nineties) but outside of that Buffalo has nothing.

It does start at the top, and Ralph will never trust anyone to make the decisions to create a winner. Never.

1. The owner: 0 for 1. Our owner sucks.

2. The tradition: 0 for 2. Our tradition is a tradition of losing. The worst possible ways to, I may add.

3. The QB: 0 for 3. Trent might become something special but he isn't very special now. He has to prove he can stay healthy.

4. The staff: 0 for 4. Do I really have to explain??

5. A special trait: 0 for 5. Nothing special about this team.

6. The tough decision: 0 for 6. We kept our staff intact. That was a bad decision.

7. The team: 0 for 7. Our team sucks and we can't stay healthy.

8. The building: 1 for 8. Great stadium, great training facilities.

9. The media: 1 for 9. Our media is as negative as they come, although I can't say I blame them for that.

10. A bit of luck: 1 for 10. Yeah we have luck alright. a bunch of BAD luck.

The Bills have problems with numbers 1, 4 and 5.

3 & 7 could be just as bad.

Who knows about 8 & 9.

They have had many chances to deal with number 6, and have taken the easy way out every time.

It's Buffalo, so you know #10 is out of the question.

Let's face it, our only real hope is that Trent gets injured and the no-name QB that goes in to replace him turns out to be the next Brady or Romo.

Great article, sphere. Unfortunately, the Bills have a problem with #1 (which directly prevents from fixing #4) and that isn't going to change until we have a new #1.

Yeah, is that ironic or coincidental?

It will be interesting to see how the Bidwell's handle 'sudden success'. They appear to have made a good front office hire (promotion) in Graves, and I sure like Whisenhunt. I don't know if they stumbled into Graves the way Ralph did Polian, but we know how that story ended. :rolleyes: Will we be talking about Arizona in a couple years, or will Graves and Whisenhunt move on the greener pastures, and if they do...then what?

2. The tradition: 0 for 2. Our tradition is a tradition of losing. The worst possible ways to, I may add.

3. The QB: 0 for 3. Trent might become something special but he isn't very special now. He has to prove he can stay healthy.

6. The tough decision: 0 for 6. We kept our staff intact. That was a bad decision.

9. The media: 1 for 9. Our media is as negative as they come, although I can't say I blame them for that.

says it all

sad taht there is no hope while the Wilson era continues

Yeah, is that ironic or coincidental?

It will be interesting to see how the Bidwell's handle 'sudden success'. They appear to have made a good front office hire (promotion) in Graves, and I sure like Whisenhunt. I don't know if they stumbled into Graves the way Ralph did Polian, but we know how that story ended. :rolleyes: Will we be talking about Arizona in a couple years, or will Graves and Whisenhunt move on the greener pastures, and if they do...then what?

Thats the trick. They've gotten hot at the right time, but will it last? They seems to have hit on some really good football people in the FO and coaching, and have really improved in the draft. Unlike previous years, they seem to be a bit more willing to pay for talent (Edge's big contract, Fitz's big deal). Regardless of sunday's outcome, i want to see what they do this offseason with Dansby and Boldin. But, as you said, only time will tell if they stay competitive for the long haul, or if the GM and coach leave or are run off when they both want big $ extensions.

I also want to see what they do at QB. Warner is 64 and could retire at any time. If he goes, they are left with Leinart and ?

EDIT: watch whisenhunt closely to see if Bidwill really has changed his stripes. Whisenhunt signed a 4 year deal prior to the 07 season, and with only 2 years left on his deal and a super bowl appearance, we'll probably see a push for a big $ contract extension. Lets see if Bidwill pays up or lets Ken dangle in the wind to play out his relatively cheap (2.5 million) contract.

The building? Are you serious? It's not the worst thing going, but it isn't in the same league as the newer palaces around the league. By the way, Kirwan meant the rest of the organization in "the building" -- the secretaries, water boy, groundskeepers, etc.

This would be like Dick Jauron writing an article on things to do to create a Super Bowl team---how the heck does Kirwan know what it takes to build a championship culture??

This guy was with some pathetic organizations:

Jets('89-'97): Combined record 49-95

Cardinals('89): 5-11

Bucs('83-'86): Combined record 12-52(yes, you read that right---3 of the 4 seasons finished 2-14, with Kirwan employed as an area scout---must have done a great job evaluating talent for them)

Overall record of teams Kirwan was associated with: 65-158 or a .291 winning percentage, or an average of 4.6 wins per season. So can someone tell me how a guy who has been associated with teams that have averaged 4.6 wins per season has any idea what it takes to build a championship organization?? Kirwan probably couldn't tell you how to build an organization that can finish above .500 in any given season!!!

What a freaking joke that is!!

Whats next, Cam Cameron writing about the best way to turn around a 1-15 team in a year?? Maybe they should ask Rod Marinelli about how to turn around a struggling franchise that hasn't made the playoffs in a decade...

Yeah, you got it. You ARE talking about the 2008 Cardinals, right?

Because if you're not, you're just being pointlessly, mindlessly negative about the Bills. That's OK. There's a lot of it on these boards. The Bills have a terrific tradition at two and possibly even three eras. You don't have to constantly be terrific (nobody, absolutely nobody is), just have some periods of success, which we obviously do. And how did we get that success? Among other ways, by having an owner capable of success in the right circumstances.

Your negativity is depressing. To you.