Some funny & not so funny stuff from Graham's chat

Beerball

All Bills related questions are posted below as well as a few that gave me a chuckle. For the entire chat:

Graham Chat

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Steiny (NYC): Paul Posluszny was named this Bills Defensive MVP. Do you agree with that decision?

Tim Graham: I thought it should have been Kawika Mitchell.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anquan Boldin (mad): This is ridiculous, Tim. I'm not getting my comments posted as much as I should, so I'm outta here

Tim Graham: Don't call me that! Go ahead!

Dick Jauron(Buffalo, NY) [via mobile]: I know Ralphie has just given me another year but do you think I should be worried about Cowher coming to take my job?

Tim Graham: You should be worried about someone taking it, but not Bill Cowher. The Bills wouldn't pay what he's looking for.

Shane (Phx, AZ): Which team do you see as having the best chance next year at being this years Cardinals? Off the top of my head Id say Green Bay and Buffalo have at least a chance to turn around this year's season into a surprise season next year.

Tim Graham: Let's see, the best chance to be just good enough to win your division (but nobody else's) and then get hot in the playoffs ... Denver Broncos.

Dick Jauron(Buffalo, NY) [via mobile]: Sorry last question...if I do get fired do you think I can do these chats with you? I'm very entertaining! Ever seen my press conferences?

Tim Graham: Seen them? I've been at them.

Michael Vick (PRISON): Man, I wanna ball again. Any of your teams take me?

Tim Graham: Patriots? No. ... Jets? No. ... Dolphins? Wildcat possibilities. ... Bills? Hmmmmm.

Ed Hochuli (Chat Ref): That's illegal procedure against Dick Jauron, lying about being entertaining, 5 yard penalty and it remains 2nd down.

Tim Graham: Ed has spoken.

Tim (Austin) [via mobile]: Hey there Tim,who do you think was the most overrated player in the NFL this year?and who do you think was the most underrated?

Tim Graham: Underrated was Greg Camarillo. Overrated ... let's open the floor for suggestions. Brett Favre is coming to mind because he made the Pro Bowl, but I think a more accurate rep was hung on him by the end of the year.

Tony Romo: I have to be in the top 5 overrated list.How else could I end up with Jessica?

Tim Graham: That's a good candidate.

Brett. Bashore [via mobile]: why are the bills so bad this past year

Tim Graham: Ralph Wilson was right after the game in Toronto, where he said the Bills didn't have the talent. Problem is, he refuses to pay for quality depth. Depth hurts when it comes to injuries and on a daily basis in practice. When you have players who know they're the starters and can't possibly be beaten out for reps, then where's the daily competition?

Nick (Bills, NY) :: tim your chat is hard to locate on the site, are you trying to keep me out?

Tim Graham: I'm none too pleased that you found me.

Tim Tebow: This just in: I've cured cancer, fixed the economy and restored Telly Savalas to a full mane of hair.

Tim Graham: Did you let Telly out of his coffin before you gave him hair, or were you just being cruel to his corpse?

Jeff,PA: this is a QA not a posting board. Where does Byron end up after the SB?

Tim Graham: Ed?

SP (Buffalo, New York): Why do coaches use timeouts to save themselves from delay of game penalties, especially early in the half? In most cases isn't having all your timeouts more valuable than losing five yards?

Tim Graham: I've wondered that myself. I think many times calling a timeout is an instinctual panic move.

Ed Hochuli (Chat Ref): We have a personal foul, unsportsmanlike conduct against Jeff,PA, trying to run the chat when he's not the chat host, 15 yards and repeat 2nd down

Jon, E. Lansing, MI: The lions can only go up hill from here right?

Tim Graham: Oh, I think it's been nothing but uphill for a long time. Sisyphus thinks it's getting ridiculous.

Ben Dreith (The Best Referee Ever): Hey Tim. You might not recall this call but I believe it was in the AFC East when Marty Lyons hit Jim Kelly late, Ben Dreith said, "He's giving him the business over there, that's 15 yards and that's a first down." I never laughed so hard in my life and that's why I love the game of football.

Tim Graham: Never laughed so hard in your life?

Matt: That's awesome, I watched the Dreith clip last night. Here is a youtube link in case anyone doesn't know what we're talking about:

Tim Graham: Great clip.

Jeff, PA: Ed that is another blown call from you and Tim you didn't answer. Where does Byron go after the SB?

Tim Graham: I don't answer questions from jerkwads.

Jeff,PA: HAHA who uses the word jerkwad-- Is it because you don't know. I should ask my fellow Delta Chi bother Matt Williamson.

Tim Graham: Nobody knows where Byron Leftwich will go. He's on a roster right now. It's not Feb. 27 yet. If any team talks to him it's tampering. And the reason you're being a dork is because you're stomping your feet over me not answering your question. And that's annoying, especially in an AFC East chat. That makes you an annoying person.

Byron Leftwich : I am sick of Jeff.

Brad(NM): It's funny to know Ralph Wilson doesn't feel he has a talented enough team to go far, yet he made no moves towards trying to acquire Tony Gonzales..probably the biggest piece of the missing Offensive puzzle..a playmaking TE....tell us something we don't know Ralphie!

Tim Graham: The Bills made the move to get Gonzalez and extended an offer the Chiefs would have accepted. It was Gonzalez who refused to go to Buffalo. So give the Bills credit for trying.

Bill (York, PA): Speaking of the Bills trying, yet coming up short (again): What's your opinion of Cameron Wake? He didn't cost Miami a whole lot? In my opinion, he's a much better fit in Miami's 3-4 than in Buffalo's whateveryouwanttocallit. Your thoughts?

Tim Graham: I'm skeptical of any CFL Paul Bunyan story. I lived in Buffalo long enough and have spent enough time in Canada to know these tall tales pop up every year, but they're usually quarterbacks. That so many NFL teams were in pursuit of Cameron Wake leads me to believe there's something there. One person explained it to me as the team that signed him would be getting an extra first-day draft pick this year.

GOOBY 99: Sticking to the Bills J.Hardy rough rookie year with plenty of potential or another draft day faux pas for the bills

Tim Graham: Potential, but that doesn't get you very far. I think five years from now it will be known as a bad pick.

Paul Bunyan: Cmon Tim, didn't you see my numbers at the combine? 1200 bench press done 47 times, 78 inch vertical, 3.1 in the 40. Why the skepticism?

Tim Graham: I can't get past the sight of all those track marks.

Bill (York, PA): Speaking of QB situations: What do you think the Bills do for their backup QB next year? Just re-sign Hamdan, or go out a get a vet?

Tim Graham: For their No. 2 backup I imagine they'll get a veteran. I don't know if Hamdan can handle that role, especially since the No. 2 in Buffalo sees significant playing time.

Tim Graham: OK, guys. I need to wrap it up. I appreciate you stopping by. See you next Friday.

Tim Tebow : I'm the chat MVP. I'm the MVP at everything.

Jason Peters: Hey Tim, sorry I'm late to the chat -- my agent said I shouldn't show up unless you paid me $10 million. Anyway, I'd like to nominate myself for most overrated player -- I may not be in the top 5, but they'll vote for me anyway, just wait and see.

Best serious comment there was the one Graham made about depth. Buffalo makes a point of going C2C, but take it to extremes. Last season, they were somewhere between 20-22M beneath the cap but were victimized when injuries hit. Saving 20M on player salaries means nothing when the inevitable injuries occur.

I can think of no better example than having to play 229 pound LB Keith Ellison on the strong side when Crowell went down. Say what you will about that situation, when your 4th LB is Ellison, you're just cheaping out and not trying to be financially conservative. Keeping Losman, not getting a veteran receiver, the list goes on.

If you can't build depth with your drafts, which Buffalo hasn't done, then it's on the front office to spend a little for second tier FA's so mini-me LB's don't become your starters.

Cash to the crap is what it should be called.