Why is Pat White being spammed on us? Is it just a dopey...

OCinBuffalo

...sinister, as in poorly-informed, affirmative action-type cajoling. In watching the NFL Network's broadcast tonight, there's hardly any doubt that somebody sent out a memo stating that "The Story of the Day = Pat White, 80% him, 20% everybody else"...

OR...

Mike Mayock has some unnatural attraction to a guy who MIGHT be able to play QB in the NFL. Yeah, I'm so sure he'll be in Tebow's hip pocket the whole game, interviewing him 3(that's right 3) times during the game, like he did with Mr. White. :lol: Or, that he was so interested in Hester last year. :angry:

Somehow the first explanantion seems a LOT more likely.

So why are they, and everyone else, taking the spam approach? Do they think that if we hear that "Pat White can do great things in the NFL, and might even play QB" enough times we will start to believe it, or better, start to give a schit one way or the other? I mean does anybody really care about another project QB?

Is this some kind of cathartic, Mike Vick hormone-replacement therapy?

The whole, stupid, "black QB can't play in the NFL" thing was seriously set back by Vick(more by Warren Moon). Are they trying to get their poster-boy back? And worse, why do they think they need a "black QB" poster-boy anyway?

Do they think we won't be able to tell if Vince Young is a headcase, because he is, or that Culpepper was only good when he had a great team around him(Minnesota), because that's true, because we are more inclined to focus on their skin than on how much they suck?

I saw Ko Simpson drop a Dolphin QB 2 years ago, and reveled in the Dolphin fan cries of pain, because that's what I enjoy doing. The fact that the QB was black has nothing to do with it. The fact that this Dolphin QB was an over-paid FA that they had told us was going to own us, only served to double the pool of Dolphin fan(and their ESPN ball-washer's) anguish we all got to bathe in.

Unintended Consequences that almost always arise from social "engineering":

What happens if they over-hype the kid, somebody takes him in the 1st or 2nd, pays him that big money, he ends up playing like a: 6ft QB with questionable arm strength, and then he ends up playing backup/kick returner/Gadget WR? Should he sue NFL Network, etc. for false representation? How does that "advance the cause of Black QB's"?

Aside: This is the evil that ensues when the kids own the candy store, and why we need to be intentionally skeptical of all franchise-owned media outlets, or agenda/ideology-driven media outlets like NBC Sports.

Edit: The worst is I didn't get to see any of the players I wanted to see, because of the Pat White-a-thon.

Senior bowl play doesn't mean much sometimes, last year Joe Flacco had a horrid game and he is doing just fine in the NFL.

One thing to remember that PFW graded all the seniors from this years draft class very low,highest rated senior was Curry at 6.75 out of a scale to 9.0 and that being a franchise player. So if not for the CBA ending next year and all the underclassmen declaring, this years draft would be sad indeed.

I dont think this poster likes White. just a hunch.

That's the funny part...actually I do. I think the guy would be a great on our team. Kinda like the Roscoe Parrish idea, except that it actually works this time??? I like offenses with more options than the D can counter, and I like making them second guess the look they are seeing.

Pat White helps with all of that.

But don't like manipulation, especially poorly done manipulation. IF they trying to manipulate us, they should at least put a little effort in. Y'know, they could start talking about having a funny feeling go up their leg when Pat White drops back in the pocket...that seemed to work last time around. :thumbsup:

...sinister, as in poorly-informed, affirmative action-type cajoling. In watching the NFL Network's broadcast tonight, there's hardly any doubt that somebody sent out a memo stating that "The Story of the Day = Pat White, 80% him, 20% everybody else"...

OR...

Mike Mayock has some unnatural attraction to a guy who MIGHT be able to play QB in the NFL. Yeah, I'm so sure he'll be in Tebow's hip pocket the whole game, interviewing him 3(that's right 3) times during the game, like he did with Mr. White. :thumbsup: Or, that he was so interested in Hester last year. :thumbsup:

Somehow the first explanantion seems a LOT more likely.

So why are they, and everyone else, taking the spam approach? Do they think that if we hear that "Pat White can do great things in the NFL, and might even play QB" enough times we will start to believe it, or better, start to give a schit one way or the other? I mean does anybody really care about another project QB?

Is this some kind of cathartic, Mike Vick hormone-replacement therapy?

The whole, stupid, "black QB can't play in the NFL" thing was seriously set back by Vick(more by Warren Moon). Are they trying to get their poster-boy back? And worse, why do they think they need a "black QB" poster-boy anyway?

Do they think we won't be able to tell if Vince Young is a headcase, because he is, or that Culpepper was only good when he had a great team around him(Minnesota), because that's true, because we are more inclined to focus on their skin than on how much they suck?

I saw Ko Simpson drop a Dolphin QB 2 years ago, and reveled in the Dolphin fan cries of pain, because that's what I enjoy doing. The fact that the QB was black has nothing to do with it. The fact that this Dolphin QB was an over-paid FA that they had told us was going to own us, only served to double the pool of Dolphin fan(and their ESPN ball-washer's) anguish we all got to bathe in.

Unintended Consequences that almost always arise from social "engineering":

What happens if they over-hype the kid, somebody takes him in the 1st or 2nd, pays him that big money, he ends up playing like a: 6ft QB with questionable arm strength, and then he ends up playing backup/kick returner/Gadget WR? Should he sue NFL Network, etc. for false representation? How does that "advance the cause of Black QB's"?

Aside: This is the evil that ensues when the kids own the candy store, and why we need to be intentionally skeptical of all franchise-owned media outlets, or agenda/ideology-driven media outlets like NBC Sports.

Edit: The worst is I didn't get to see any of the players I wanted to see, because of the Pat White-a-thon.

Like Rush Limbaugh said:

"The media is very desirous that a Black QB do well."

The media hyped McNabb so much when he was younger and rushed for 3,100 yards, instead of throwing the ball.

And they did the same thing with Kordell Stewart, who was a terrible QB. Stewart should have played WR.

Donovan McNabb has very recently developed his game to a point where he no longer rushes the ball for nearly 500 yards a season and actually throws the ball some. Although, he does not throw very well in the biggest games of the year. Or at least the tightest moments.

McNair was a pea-poor example of a QB who could actually throw the ball well. And he too put together some impressive rushing stats. I always thought the Titans would have been a better team with Neil O'Donnell as their starter. And when he got the chance, he did better.

If you look at the stats of Black QBs, they always have about double or triple the rushing attempts as their White counter parts.

Culpepper, Vick. The list goes on and on.

And yet the hype machine of the media always try to sell us that they're great QBs who are just misunderstood. BS!

Remember that the NFL Network is mostly run by people who were employed by ESPN.