Saw the wrestler .. good flick

BuffaloBill

The ending was a bit odd but I liked it. I thought it was very well aced and an interseting story. Kind of a down and out Rocky story without the unreal ending. Makes me wonder about the wrestlingg subculture that must exist. I would recommend it.

The ending was a bit odd but I liked it. I thought it was very well aced and an interseting story. Kind of a down and out Rocky story without the unreal ending. Makes me wonder about the wrestlingg subculture that must exist. I would recommend it.

I'm going to see the movie soon.

I thought Mickey did an excellent job!! The "down and out" cinematography was really good, but the movie itself was just okay.

He must have done some serious HGH and steriods. I remember him being a relatively skinny dude in the ealy 90's. In an odd way I wonder if this movie was a little autobiographical for him.

I will never forget what Bret Hart said about the wrestling culture- After the matches, most guiys had to take pain killers. By the time they got to the hotel, they had to take something to get to sleep. A few hours later, they had to take something to wake up to get to the next match.

A few years ago, I read something from an independent wrestler who had to drive cross country from match to match....drove through the night and made himself vomit just to stay away.

Its really sad- I've met some of those peopel....they deserve a lot better

He must have done some serious HGH and steriods. I remember him being a relatively skinny dude in the ealy 90's. In an odd way I wonder if this movie was a little autobiographical for him.

Rourke's background was as a boxer, and he was a pro-fighter for a time (not that good though). So he has always has some muscles...

I will never forget what Bret Hart said about the wrestling culture- After the matches, most guiys had to take pain killers. By the time they got to the hotel, they had to take something to get to sleep. A few hours later, they had to take something to wake up to get to the next match.

A few years ago, I read something from an independent wrestler who had to drive cross country from match to match....drove through the night and made himself vomit just to stay away.

Its really sad- I've met some of those peopel....they deserve a lot better

When I first heard about this movie, I immediately thought about the life of Jake "The Snake" Roberts. For anybody thats familiar with his situation, just really depressing.

When I first heard about this movie, I immediately thought about the life of Jake "The Snake" Roberts. For anybody thats familiar with his situation, just really depressing.

I remember him when he was on the circuit but I have not followed him since. I will goole his name to see what I can find. Any of these athletes or entertainers (some do not see wrestlers as athletes just because the sessions are staged) who use steriods or HGH to get big really set themselves up for problems later in life. I wonder where Tony Mandrich (sp?) is today for example. I remember him being the poster child for a guy that pumped himself up in college and hen failed miserably in the pro game.

I just saw this today. Definitely worth seeing for the Mickey's gritty portrayal of the over the hill wrestler.

And Marisa Tomei still looks pretty good.

If you think she still looks "pretty good", you should see "Before the Devil Knows You're Dead". She looks AMAZING, and she's got no problem proving it in that film :blink:

If you think she still looks "pretty good", you should see "Before the Devil Knows You're Dead". She looks AMAZING, and she's got no problem proving it in that film :blink:

AMEN! I loved ALL of her in that otherwise forgettable flick.

The Mrs. wonders why that movie is still on the 'Keep' list of downloads.. ;)

AMEN! I loved ALL of her in that otherwise forgettable flick.

The Mrs. wonders why that movie is still on the 'Keep' list of downloads.. :blink:

;)

I was honestly shocked when I saw how good she looked. And I mean that in the least perverted way possible given the fact that I was staring and drooling at her while she was naked on screen. There are 20-somethings who will see her 40-something body and be completely envious.

• 2 weeks later...

I finally got out to see The Wrestler last night. I think most of the comments in this thread sum it up pretty well. I would say that it was a very good movie and I liked the filming style. It was an incredibly strong performance by Mickey Rourke.