Inauguration Music Sets Tone For Administration

The guy who took the oath made you believe that too

I didn't see the oath, I was working.

But yes I believe it would have been foolish to try and co-ordinate stringed instruments in 19 degree weather.

And considering its only been 3 days, that's about the only thing there is to believe so far.

I didn't see the oath, I was working.

TiVo, VCR, Internet. Them's all funny words

But yes I believe it would have been foolish to try and co-ordinate stringed instruments in 19 degree weather.

Practice and professional musicians are funny words too

And considering its only been 3 days, that's about the only thing there is to believe so far.

FISA is a funny word too

Practice and professional musicians are funny words too

It has nothing whatsoever to do with the musicians. Keeping a single stringed instrument in tune in cold weather is difficult at best. Keeping a bunch in tune with each other is nearly impossible.

FISA is a funny word too

Instead of running about squawking "Polly wanna change" perhaps some discussion of why they filed that document would be more interesting, constructive and enlightening.

Do they fear opening up a huge can of worms that stretches back several years and would waste countless hours of people they'd rather have doing something constructive?

Do they intend to utilize similar strategies in the short term to allow agencies to finish up work they've been doing for the last several years?

Is it a strategy to ease the transition by minimizing potentially contentious issues? Or putting some on the back burner so they don't have to deal with 100 things at once?

Is this something that was agreed to over the last several months and if so what concession(s) did the former administration make in return?

Or you could just keep squawking about change. That's quality stuff right there.

Instead of running about squawking "Polly wanna change" perhaps some discussion of why they filed that document would be more interesting, constructive and enlightening.

Do they fear opening up a huge can of worms that stretches back several years and would waste countless hours of people they'd rather have doing something constructive?

Do they intend to utilize similar strategies in the short term to allow agencies to finish up work they've been doing for the last several years?

Is it a strategy to ease the transition by minimizing potentially contentious issues? Or putting some on the back burner so they don't have to deal with 100 things at once?

Is this something that was agreed to over the last several months and if so what concession(s) did the former administration make in return?

Or you could just keep squawking about change. That's quality stuff right there.

So the things that you talk about wasting our time doing now is a waste of time as opposed to the same things that were discussed doing during the election once a new administration took office?

So the things that you talk about wasting our time doing now is a waste of time as opposed to the same things that were discussed doing during the election once a new administration took office?

I ain't nearly smart enough to untangle that thing!

All I'm saying is that it's been 3 days.

Let's see what we've got here before we start acting like a pack of one-note parrots.

I ain't nearly smart enough to untangle that thing!

All I'm saying is that it's been 3 days.

Let's see what we've got here before we start acting like a pack of one-note parrots.

True, it's only been 3 days.

But my point is to remind the one-note parrots not to trumpet the blind squirrel finding a nut when their champion has continued digging the same hole the black knight led us down

my point is to remind the one-note parrots not to trumpet the blind squirrel finding a nut when their champion has continued digging the same hole the black knight led us down

<giggling> now that's what I'm talking 'bout!

I was listening on radio, and all I can say is that they should have made Aretha Franklin lip synch too.

It ain't 1968 anymore baby....unt..uh!

True that!!! Besides I once played my guitar in comparable weather to the inauguration and it was awful to keep it in tune in such weather.

I was listening on radio, and all I can say is that they should have made Aretha Franklin lip synch too.

It ain't 1968 anymore baby....unt..uh!

She was annoying at the best of times. Whether the 60s, 70s, whatever. Maybe the single most overrated singer ever. Great cow.

The two hours (or more) of performances the previous day WERE live.

As to this - they at least did a darned good job of faking it. I have seen them all in concert and no doubt about it, they're good. I suspect that none of them really wanted to go this route - you're talking big egos here and this bad PR is not going to make them very happy. It's certainly disappointing but I'm not sure what they could have done given the circumstances - announced "hey it's too cold to play and still sound good so we'll play a tape instead?".

I do wonder why, with a January inauguration, this wasn't taken into account in booking them. On the other hand, I think the temperatures were a tad below normal ... maybe.

But if you're trying to pin this on Obama somehow, you're even more pathetic than I'd thought.

The two hours (or more) of performances the previous day WERE live.

As to this - they at least did a darned good job of faking it. I have seen them all in concert and no doubt about it, they're good. I suspect that none of them really wanted to go this route - you're talking big egos here and this bad PR is not going to make them very happy. It's certainly disappointing but I'm not sure what they could have done given the circumstances - announced "hey it's too cold to play and still sound good so we'll play a tape instead?".

I do wonder why, with a January inauguration, this wasn't taken into account in booking them. On the other hand, I think the temperatures were a tad below normal ... maybe.

But if you're trying to pin this on Obama somehow, you're even more pathetic than I'd thought.

The temps were a little lower than normal; the wind chill was a bit more severe than that. And they synched well to the tape because they actually did play their instruments; they just didn't broadcast the out-of-tune performance. Akin to Milli Vanilli actually singing, but being drowned out by a recording.

The only way to pin this on Obama is to somehow posit that he can control the weather...which only the far, far left (i.e. his cultists) and the far, far right (i.e. all those who will blame him for every little thing) will do anyway. Oh, and the far, far stupid.