Programming question about PHP

Booster4324

This extension was to be added to our company wiki. From my understanding, they paste in the code, make some adjustments due to individual server settings and done. Does anyone have any idea how long this should take? I have the feeling our department is getting way over billed at 106.50 hours and it still does not work.

This extension was to be added to our company wiki. From my understanding, they paste in the code, make some adjustments due to individual server settings and done. Does anyone have any idea how long this should take? I have the feeling our department is getting way over billed at 106.50 hours and it still does not work.

I would say about 5-10 minutes. :unsure:

And you are a programmer IIRC. 106.5 hours seems a bit much right?

for installing a wiki extension? yeah, I would think so. :unsure:

I'm not a programmer, but I have installed 100's of php scripts. They are just text files. Nothing magical about putting a file in a directory and changing the configuration file.

for installing a wiki extension? yeah, I would think so. :unsure:

I'm not a programmer, but I have installed 100's of php scripts. They are just text files. Nothing magical about putting a file in a directory and changing the configuration file.

Actually I found out the reason. As long as it isn't my problem, I am cool with it. They had to upgrade the server again. So the upgrade isn't being charged to my department and it was the majority of the time. I just have like 6 more extensions I want added and I was going to have no chance of that happening for a long time if each one was going to run like 4,000 dollars.

Actually I found out the reason. As long as it isn't my problem, I am cool with it. They had to upgrade the server again. So the upgrade isn't being charged to my department and it was the majority of the time. I just have like 6 more extensions I want added and I was going to have no chance of that happening for a long time if each one was going to run like 4,000 dollars.

Brother am i to understand you were getting 106 hrs for $4k??? I don't care what the skill of the coder was, that be awful cheap. Crimminy, when i was in the body shop business in late 90's, even a Jr Network Administrator was billing at $60/hr. Have rates really gone that low?

edit; or is that just an internal chrageback expense????

Brother am i to understand you were getting 106 hrs for $4k??? I don't care what the skill of the coder was, that be awful cheap. Crimminy, when i was in the body shop business in late 90's, even a Jr Network Administrator was billing at $60/hr. Have rates really gone that low?

edit; or is that just an internal chrageback expense????

Internal chargeback. I have no clue what she makes.