Bills add to FO disciples

Super Bowl here we come.

Why are you so quick to dismiss this guy? SD has one of the most talented rosters in the league. I like the idea of getting a scout from a talented front office. IMo, this may be one of the most important drafts in Bills history. The Bills are being somewhat proactive.

He actually used to be one of our guys back when we could actually evaluate talent I think. He went to work for indy after that.

If I'm not mistaken he followed John Butler and AJ Smith to San Diego.

This is a good hire. IMO.

Why are you so quick to dismiss this guy? SD has one of the most talented rosters in the league. I like the idea of getting a scout from a talented front office. IMo, this may be one of the most important drafts in Bills history. The Bills are being somewhat proactive.

Lighten up Frances

Good news. Buddy is back where he belongs.

I have a feeling that AJ is a tough guy to get along with.

Good news that Nix is returning,I think he's a good scout. It sure seems like Smith is an ass. I heard today that he was publicly mocking LT about the possibility of him being traded.

They've had some amazing drafts and others that were alright. But even with some so so years in the draft, we all know their team is downright stocked with talent. Look at the drafts since he was there (* means Pro Bowl player):

2001: LT*, Brees*

2002: Jammer (eh, serviceable but not worth top 5 pick),

2003:So so draft, but picked up Antonio Gates* undrafted and Kris Dielman (starting LG) undrafted and Stephen Cooper (starting LB) undrafted...rediculous!

2004: Phillip Rivers*, Igor Olshansky, Nick Hardwick*, Shaun Phillips, Michael Turner, and Nate Kaeding* (used from Manning trade). Remember they also got Wes Welker as undrafted (and subsequently released).

2005: Shawne Merriman*, Luis Castillo*, Vincent Jackson, Darren Sproles, Scott Mruczkowski (good versatile C and G)

2006: Antonio Cromartie*, Marcus McNeill*, Jeromey Clary (starting RT), Tim Dobbins (starting LB)

2007: Craig Davis (injured, on his way to being a bust), Eric Weddle, Jyles Tucker (starting LB) undrafted

2008 (I believe his last draft and then he stepped down): Antoine Cason (hasn't shown anything yet), Hester (good pick, probably too high for a FB but he can play RB too), nothing else of note here so far.

I'm sure there are some players I've missed here. But another thing: take a look at their depth charts...almost every starter has been drafted by the Chargers...absolutely amazing. Off hand, the only guy that it looks like they brought in is Chris Chambers. Amazing. All homegrown talent. Now the fact that half their players are on roids or dropped in value during the draft because of steriods issues is besides the point...

It will be interesting to see how involved he is in the drafts as a bills "national scout." From my understanding, that means scouting the league rather than college players? I'm sure they'll bring his input.

But bringing ANYONE in is a step, and to bring a guy from the Chargers, who draft better than almost anyone in his tenure, is awesome.

He actually used to be one of our guys back when we could actually evaluate talent I think. He went to work for indy after that.

No, he went with Butler to the Chargers.

This is the best news the team has had this offseason. Buddy was a big part of the Glory Years scouting department, along with Dwight Adams. Great move by the FO.

Interesting story about his fallout with A.J. Smith...

No, he went with Butler to the Chargers.

This is the best news the team has had this offseason. Buddy was a big part of the Glory Years scouting department, along with Dwight Adams. Great move by the FO.

Interesting story about his fallout with A.J. Smith...

Wow, great article!

So Buddy actually RAN the Chargers drafts, with input from coaches. Holy cow.

I'm glad to see him back with the Bills.