Patterson Picks NY Senate Appointee

I'm not so much a republican as I am a true conservative. Both parties are full of crooks.

Like you said we are polar opposites so maybe the same line of thinking can be applied to you as well?

Actually I think of myself as a moderate, fiscally conservative, socially liberal. I'm a pro-choice, gun owning agnostic struggling to recover from a catholic upbringing. I'm a registered independent who laughs his ass off every time I'm labeled a liberal democrat on this board.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

By that logic any change in a recount would be considered fraudulent.

I recall a mathematician saying the recount in one particular county was statistically impossible.

Democrats will tell you how Jeb/Kathleen Harris cheated Gore in the recount in 2000.

But, I was living in West Palm Beach then, and can tell you it was the Dems doing all the funny business with all of the chad business. Bush actually lost votes during the process. The person in charge of the recounts for that locality was a woman democrat--I don't recall her name, but I use to see her in town once in awhile.

I didn't see the movie 'Recount' with Josh Brolin and Kevin Spacey, but somehow I'm betting they depicted Kathleen Harris in a very unfavorable light---just my guess. Another republican woman demonized by the media.

I recall a mathematician saying the recount in one particular county was statistically impossible.

Democrats will tell you how Jeb/Kathleen Harris cheated Gore in the recount in 2000.

But, I was living in West Palm Beach then, and can tell you it was the Dems doing all the funny business with all of the chad business. Bush actually lost votes during the process. The person in charge of the recounts for that locality was a woman democrat--I don't recall her name, but I use to see her in town once in awhile.

I didn't see the movie 'Recount' with Josh Brolin and Kevin Spacey, but somehow I'm betting they depicted Kathleen Harris in a very unfavorable light---just my guess. Another republican woman demonized by the media.

Harris was portrayed as a moron in the movie.

Harris was portrayed as a moron in the movie.

How original. Hollywood is becoming so predictable its laughable.

You didn't need to be Nostradumass to see Sean Penn would win. Who else are they going to pick?

A Chavez-lovin' America-hater who played a homo or a conservative Hollywood outcast (Mickey Rourke)?

Nothing better than going to BCPFG for information. :rolleyes:

Fewer than 2% of gun crimes are committed with guns procured at gun shows. The percentage of those guns sold by "unlicensed" dealers is microscopic. I've never seen a single statistic on the number of those 2% that were illegal transactions, since virtually all of them went through NCBICS.

Wanna really to make a dent in gun crime? Figure out why 57% of guns used in crimes come from 1% of licensed gun dealers. That'd likely be money well spent. Ever wonder why the Brady people and HCI don't trumpet that statistic, instead going after something that is totally insignificant?

If selling your private firearm at a gun show makes you a gun dealer, then selling your private auto makes you an auto dealer. Be prepared for "As is" sales to go away. The government will effectively use legislation and fear to keep "terrorists" and "criminals" from getting weapons with about the same success they've had keeping drugs out of schools.

Good point on the first part... Once again cynically but probably true, it is about money, someway... somehow. On the second deal, it is not analogous, if you sell your car, you still have to turn in plates and the owner has to apply for a new title, so in fact there is registration on the other deal.

How original. Hollywood is becoming so predictable its laughable.

You didn't need to be Nostradumass to see Sean Penn would win. Who else are they going to pick?

A Chavez-lovin' America-hater who played a homo or a conservative Hollywood outcast (Mickey Rourke)?

Well, if you knew anything about acting, you would know that the performances weren't even close. Penn's performance was light years ahead of Rourke's. And for the record, I loved The Wrestler, always liked Rourke and very much hope he wins the Oscar. Penn is just a phenomenal actor, regardless of his politics.

Well, if you knew anything about acting, you would know that the performances weren't even close. Penn's performance was light years ahead of Rourke's. And for the record, I loved The Wrestler, always liked Rourke and very much hope he wins the Oscar. Penn is just a phenomenal actor, regardless of his politics.

I know Penn is a very talented actor. He was great in Mystic River as well.

But he couldn't even accept his award without being an a-hole last night.

I know Penn is a very talented actor. He was great in Mystic River as well.

But he couldn't even accept his award without being an a-hole last night.

I didnt see the awards show, but I too hate when actors use that forum to speak their politics, regardless of whether I like or dislike the actor, and regardless of what they say. It's just a bad place to spout off, IMO.