Green Bay Packers: B.J. Raji, NT, Boston College

San Francisco 49ers: Everette Brown, DE/OLB, Florida State

Buffalo Bills: Brian Orakpo, DE, Texas

DraftCountdown.com:

Detroit Lions: Matt Stafford, QB, Georgia

KANSAS CITY CHIEFS: AARON CURRY, OLB, WAKE FOREST

ST. LOUIS RAMS: EUGENE MONROE, OT, VIRGINIA

SEATTLE SEAHAWKS: MICHAEL CRABTREE, WR, TEXAS TECH

CLEVELAND BROWNS: MALCOLM JENKINS, CB, OHIO ST.

CINCINNATI BENGALS: ANDRE SMITH, OT, ALABAMA

OAKLAND RAIDERS: JASON SMITH, OT, BAYLOR

JACKSONVILLE JAGUARS: JEREMY MACLIN, WR, MISSOURI

GREEN BAY PACKERS: BRIAN ORAKPO, DE, TEXAS

SAN FRANCISCO 49'ERS: MARK SANCHEZ, QB, USC

BUFFALO BILLS: BRANDON PETTIGREW, TE, OKLAHOMA ST.

DraftKing.com:

1. Detroit Lions - Matthew Stafford, QB, Georgia

2. St. Louis Rams - Andre Smith, OT, Alabama

3. Kansas City Chiefs - Michael Oher, OT, Ole Miss

4. Seattle Seahawks - Michael Crabtree, WR, Texas Tech

5. Cleveland Browns - Rey Maualuga, ILB, USC

6. Cincinnati Bengals - Brian Orakpo, DE, Texas

7. Oakland Raiders - Michael Johnson, DE, Georgia Tech

8. Jacksonville Jaguars - Aaron Curry, OLB, Wake Forest

9. Green Bay Packers - Malcolm Jenkins, CB, Ohio State

10. San Francisco 49ers - Mark Sanchez, QB,

11. Buffalo Bills - Eugene Monroe, OT, Virginia

I'll be upset if we leave BJ Raji on the board for this draft. You can't double team Stroud, Schobel, and Raji, and the one who isn't will probably be getting pressure on the QB. I know we need a TE and a DE, too, but all signs point to Raji being a force in this league.

I'll be upset if we leave BJ Raji on the board for this draft. You can't double team Stroud, Schobel, and Raji, and the one who isn't will probably be getting pressure on the QB. I know we need a TE and a DE, too, but all signs point to Raji being a force in this league.

I like where your head is at on this one. Raji seems to be building momentum at the right time. Lets see how he does in the senior game. A beast next to Stroud, especially if Spencer Johnson leaves would really do wonders for this line.

My concern here though is how well Schobel heals from his injury. If its something that is going to be a problem, we may need to bite the bullet and grab a DE instead at this position.

Ohcrapo would be nice. I'd scream if we got Pettigrew, and why the hell would we get munroe if we have Peters?(he's the best LT in the league, numbers dont lie....sarcasm)

I am on the DHB train now. We can get a cetner in the 3rd(where they belong) and a TE in the 2nd. lets get a big, tremendously fast WR with an unbelivable verticle leap to finally fill the hole at WR.

Ohcrapo would be nice. I'd scream if we got Pettigrew, and why the hell would we get munroe if we have Peters?(he's the best LT in the league, numbers dont lie....sarcasm)

I am on the DHB train now. We can get a cetner in the 3rd(where they belong) and a TE in the 2nd. lets get a big, tremendously fast WR with an unbelivable verticle leap to finally fill the hole at WR.

Dunno Mangold seems to be a pretty good 1st round center

I like Raji a lot, but he's not a pass rushing interior lineman. He's more in the mold of a Casey Hampton, Vince Wilfork type: clog up the A gap and tie up blockers. For that reason, he's tailor made for teams looking for a dominant 3-4 NT.

I like Raji a lot, but he's not a pass rushing interior lineman. He's more in the mold of a Casey Hampton, Vince Wilfork type: clog up the A gap and tie up blockers. For that reason, he's tailor made for teams looking for a dominant 3-4 NT.

But RR...wouldn't he keep blockers of our backers? Maybe we would see them actually hit a hole next season.

Dunno Mangold seems to be a pretty good 1st round center

Ya, that general statement by Bucky wasn't to clever, if there is a probowl player to be had at center, and it is a need, then drafting him in the first round makes a lot of sense. Mack seems to have it....

Having said that, I still believe that a more pressing need is our DE. Our pass rush sucks!! As far as Raji being more suited for the 3-4, that may seem right on the surface, but a good football Interior lineman would thrive in a 4-3 as well. Just think about it, Stroud and Raji, It would definitely improve our Run Defense and most likely free up other Defensive lineman and Linebackers for pass pressure opportunity's.

I like the Idea of Raji more and more. But I still prefer Brown and Orapko as of right now.

what he said

Ya, that general statement by Bucky wasn't to clever, if there is a probowl player to be had at center, and it is a need, then drafting him in the first round makes a lot of sense. Mack seems to have it....

Having said that, I still believe that a more pressing need is our DE. Our pass rush sucks!! As far as Raji being more suited for the 3-4, that may seem right on the surface, but a good football Interior lineman would thrive in a 4-3 as well. Just think about it, Stroud and Raji, It would definitely improve our Run Defense and most likely free up other Defensive lineman and Linebackers for pass pressure opportunity's.

I like the Idea of Raji more and more. But I still prefer Brown and Orapko as of right now.

Mack at 11 is way too early. Him and Unger will be around somewhere between the Mid 1st and early to mid 2nd. Either or I would be happy. Wood from Louisville would be nice in the 3rd-4th range

I might take heat for this.......but here goes.......I agree with Raji pick, id take him in an instant. With him and Stroud together, I honestly think our DE's would make more plays......fire away!

I might take heat for this.......but here goes.......I agree with Raji pick, id take him in an instant. With him and Stroud together, I honestly think our DE's would make more plays......fire away!

Having a 2 gapper in there (that's Raji) would certainly help our run defense and could also free up our LBs to do more in terms of coverage and rushing. Problem is, we've seen fundamental problems w/ our LBs and DEs over the last few years in terms of poor pursuit angles, lack of discipline (chasing plays down the line instead of "staying home" on reverses), slow reaction time in terms of dropping back to defend the pass, and drag down tackling instead of hitting through a player and bringing him down for little to no gain. Not much a massive 2 gapper can do to change that stuff, unfortunately.

Having a 2 gapper in there (that's Raji) would certainly help our run defense and could also free up our LBs to do more in terms of coverage and rushing. Problem is, we've seen fundamental problems w/ our LBs and DEs over the last few years in terms of poor pursuit angles, lack of discipline (chasing plays down the line instead of "staying home" on reverses), slow reaction time in terms of dropping back to defend the pass, and drag down tackling instead of hitting through a player and bringing him down for little to no gain. Not much a massive 2 gapper can do to change that stuff, unfortunately.

Solid point Rich. However, maybe slowing the runners down a little at line might be enough for our LBers to adjust before the RB blows by them. Needless to say I think defensive front 7 needs to be addressed on day 1 with 2 picks one DL and one LB preferably.

Solid point Rich. However, maybe slowing the runners down a little at line might be enough for our LBers to adjust before the RB blows by them. Needless to say I think defensive front 7 needs to be addressed on day 1 with 2 picks one DL and one LB preferably.

I couldn't agree more. Sack numbers are nice, but I want the DE that sees what's happening, sheds the interference, strings the runner out to the sidelines and lets a LB zero in.

...and/or in FA.

Agreed.

The collective opinion on Raji from what I've read on numerous draft pages is that he projects best as a nose tackle and would fit best in a 3-4. This is because he is big and can occupy blocker and clog holes while holding his own at the point of attack overtop of the center.

And I agree that Raji is the consensus top DT in this draft, but if he doesn't fit our scheme and/or doesn't stand much of a chance to improve our defense, do we really want him?

Also, based on the team we fielded for the '08 season, it is quite clear that offense was our problem. FA will tell, but I'd prefer to see Buffalo nab a DE in round one, then dedicate the rest of the draft to offense.