I hope they don't use a first round pick on a tight end

I think it would be a terrible mistake to take a TE in the first or second.

Also, Schobel was a non-factor before going down, and looks to have been finished

for the last two years.

The good teams know when to dump a player a year early rather than late, Buffalo

misses the boat again.

Also, Schobel was a non-factor before going down, and looks to have been finished

for the last two years.

The good teams know when to dump a player a year early rather than late, Buffalo

misses the boat again.

If they got one of their DE's in the 1st, and chose a TE like Coffman in the 2nd, you'd be upset?

If they got one of their DE's in the 1st, and chose a TE like Coffman in the 2nd, you'd be upset?

Must admit, not really familiar with Coffman, however I would probably take another WR given the Hardy

situation and the generally poor talent and level of production from that unit.

A TE would be nice as Trent seems to not throw much further than a few yards down field and would probably

benefit from a chain-moving possession type TE. I just don't see drafting a TE high and then getting much production

from that position. Once you get past the top 10 or 15 tight ends in the league, how much production are you really

going to get? Is that going to make that much of a change on offense?

I would draft a center before a TE.

for the last two years.

misses the boat again.

You cannot dump every other player on the team, especially when your rookies or young players are not up to the mark. Ellis was a big disappointment last year...I hope the new DL coach can light a fire under him. We desperately need him to come through. Also, what about the guy who was suspended for the year. I thought he played very well for us a pass rusher last year.

Your post is correct. QBs, DEs, and LTs fly off the board almost every year. If the DEs go fast, a tradedown (5-7 spots) for another 2nd round pick would be a good deal.

TD did it on 01. We got another 2nd by moving from 14 to 21. I was against it the time but it worked. The Bills need a lot of players and should amass draft picks instead of trading them away.

Couldn't agree more here Bill. It's why trading Peters is about the dumbest idea of heard of in a long time. Almost as much as naming an octogenarian the GM.

In all seriousness, if a pass rusher isn't available at 11, trading down it the best option. Neither Pettigrew or Mack have value at 11th, but probably no higher than the late teens or twenties.

This front office lacks the savvy a front office needs to wheel and deal on draft day. They come off as blundering their way through the process, and expecting anything different this year is probably out of the question. Then again, we've got Russ Brandon. :D

Must admit, not really familiar with Coffman, however I would probably take another WR given the Hardy

situation and the generally poor talent and level of production from that unit.

A TE would be nice as Trent seems to not throw much further than a few yards down field and would probably

benefit from a chain-moving possession type TE. I just don't see drafting a TE high and then getting much production

from that position. Once you get past the top 10 or 15 tight ends in the league, how much production are you really

going to get? Is that going to make that much of a change on offense?

I would draft a center before a TE.

Well, think of it this way:

Wouldn't a nice receiving TE solve both positions, the TE and the 2nd WR/option?