Kollar's departure not a lateral move

I don't smoke dope. I drink a lot. Nevertheless, I just don't think Kollar is that good of a coach. I don't know if McCargo's failure thusfar is due to poor coaching, lazy attitude, injuries, or what. I do believe that he will have a fresh look from a new coach. What's the harm with having him come to camp?

I think it was more than just Kollar who were involved in the evaluation of McCargo. I'll buy what you say about Kollar since you saw him up close in St. Louis. Having said that, McCargo just wasn't a good fit with this team from the get-go. Injuries didn't help his cause, but even when healthy, he had difficulty staying motivated, as evidenced by the team fining him for showing up out of shape. I'm sure this is one the Bills would love to have back... it's probably best for both sides to move on. They have soured on him, he has soured on the team.

So how about B.J. Raji? Here he was a BEAST against all competition.

"In the first two days of practice, no player has been more dominant defensively than B.J. Raji, the 6'2" 335 pound defensive tackle out of Boston College. Not only has he dominated in the one-on-one drills against the best centers in the draft, he has also been impressive in the individual position drills. Raji has shown excellent upper body strength, as well as quick feet for his size. "

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/113445-...e-for-12th-pick

"At 6-foot-1, 325-pounds, Raji is a big, physical interior lineman who commands a lot of attention. A good athlete who has a solid burst off the line, he plays with leverage, and bull rushes opponents up the field. Raji also has a quick first step and immediately penetrates upfield and makes plays in the backfield. With his great strength, he brings down the opposition with his initial push, gets off blocks very well and can handle double-teams. "

Just a thought.He can penetrate and defend the run......

Actually, I'm pretty sure it was injuries. Desire may be an issue, but when you are injured, it is really not the biggest issue.

What injuries? Seriously.

Since his foot thing cleared up, he's had no problem that anybody has talked about till this disk thing. And nobody had even noticed the disk thing till the Colts found it in their physical because until then it had had no symptoms. It started to hurt him after that, but between those two injuries, he had no problems.

I'm with everyone else, it was desire that was the problem. I think it was Kollar, though it could have been Jauron, who was quoted as saying when asked about McCargo that you have to want to play in the NFL, that if you don't want it, you'll never be successful.

That would seem to indicate that McCargo doesn't want it, though they kept hoping that would change.

So how about B.J. Raji? Here he was a BEAST against all competition.

"In the first two days of practice, no player has been more dominant defensively than B.J. Raji, the 6'2" 335 pound defensive tackle out of Boston College. Not only has he dominated in the one-on-one drills against the best centers in the draft, he has also been impressive in the individual position drills. Raji has shown excellent upper body strength, as well as quick feet for his size. "

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/113445-...e-for-12th-pick

"At 6-foot-1, 325-pounds, Raji is a big, physical interior lineman who commands a lot of attention. A good athlete who has a solid burst off the line, he plays with leverage, and bull rushes opponents up the field. Raji also has a quick first step and immediately penetrates upfield and makes plays in the backfield. With his great strength, he brings down the opposition with his initial push, gets off blocks very well and can handle double-teams. "

Just a thought.He can penetrate and defend the run......

I'd love to get Raji, but we weren't the only ones watching the Senior Bowl practices. He just raised his status tremendously. He might not get past the Pack at #9. Might go even earlier.

My point is, there was something there with McCargo that caused the Bills to move up. From what we were told, the Giants were set to draft McCargo. Clearly he has some abilities, or he would not have been chosen in the first round. I know there are many examples of first round duds, don't need to read about them.

However, the Colts attempted to trade for the guy, so that tells me he has some value. He's not just a chunk of dead meat. I think he'll get healthy and become a very good lineman someplace. Stroud can't play forever.

He was a lazy high school player. I know, I personally coached against him. His high school program was also terrible, so I don't think they instilled any kind of work ethic in him. Then, reports continued that he was very lazy in the beginning at NC State. He supposedly turned that around toward the end of his career there. Then, supposedly trends continued in Buffalo.

I'm thinking John McCargo is John McCargo's problem......not the coaching staff.

To this day I don't believe the Giants were truly serious about drafting McCargo. They had Alford and Robbins already. I didn't see them addressing their DT depth with a first round pick. Instead, NYG selected Mathias Kiwanuka to replace Strahan who they figured would retire imminently. The Giants don't miss all that often on 1st rounders.

in Buffalo, I don't see anyone picking him up. He is a bust and will struggle to make any roster with his poor work ethic.

Cedric Jones, William Joseph, Dave Brown, Ron Dayne, Ike Hilliard (way too high for #7 overall), Thomas Lewis, Derek Brown, Jarrod Bunch ... the list is long. Even the decent ones -- Shaun Williams, Shockey, Will Allen -- haven't been great for the team. Manning is of course a good pick, and the jury is still out on Kiawanuka and Aaron Ross.

Cedric Jones, William Joseph, Dave Brown, Ron Dayne, Ike Hilliard (way too high for #7 overall), Thomas Lewis, Derek Brown, Jarrod Bunch ... the list is long. Even the decent ones -- Shaun Williams, Shockey, Will Allen -- haven't been great for the team. Manning is of course a good pick, and the jury is still out on Kiawanuka and Aaron Ross.

The jury is not out on Aaron Ross.

Look at their picks in the middle rounds, that's where the Giants shine. I know you were responding only to the claim regarding first rounders...

The jury is not out on Aaron Ross.

Look at their picks in the middle rounds, that's where the Giants shine. I know you were responding only to the claim regarding first rounders...

Indeed, I was responding to the claim regarding first rounders. I disagree about Ross. I see a lot of him living in NY, and while he's reasonably solid (he can get burned when the Jints don't muster a rush), he's actually an inferior player to Terrence McGee (props to Donohoe for that one). Ross will probably improve, of course.

Kollar's new job at Houston is a promotion....he's now the Assistant Head Coach/Defensive Line Coach. I hope they like yelling down there.

I'm not that sad at all that Bill Kollar is gone. I live in St. Louis where he used to coach, and I mentioned when the Bills hired him that he yelled a lot, but I didn't see anything spectacular going on with that line. If he had a part in deciding who to keep on the DL in Buffalo, the motor guys who had a top individual number of 4 sacks....and he failed to develop John McCargo.

Remember this next year when McCargo becomes a good solid player. He did not develop under Kollar. A first round pick must contribute.

I hope they get somebody competent in there.

so McCargo not producing is now Kollars fault? that is some pathetic logic

McCargo wont even be on the Bills roster next year and people continue to make excuses for him

so McCargo not producing is now Kollars fault? that is some pathetic logic

McCargo wont even be on the Bills roster next year and people continue to make excuses for him

Kollar has coached 4 first round defensive lineman, and not one of them has materialized under his tutelage.

Screw you for calling my logic pathetic. You don't know me any more than I know Kollar. But look at the results of the Rams having 3 first round DL's and the Bills having McCargo, and they have all failed. I know, it must be my pathetic logic. Couldn't be the guy who coached 4 FIRST ROUND PICK DEFENSIVE LINEMEN RIGHT OFF THEIR FRIGGIN TEAMS.

HE HAS COACHED 4 (FOUR) FIRST ROUND DRAFT CHOICES. AND THEY HAVE ALL FAILED.

does anybody else sense a SLIGHT CONNECTION? Jamie Kennedy. Damione Lewis. Ryan Pickett. John McCargo. All first round draft choice defensive lineman. All failed under Kollar. This is what we in the world of reality call a pattern.

He was a lazy high school player. I know, I personally coached against him. His high school program was also terrible, so I don't think they instilled any kind of work ethic in him. Then, reports continued that he was very lazy in the beginning at NC State. He supposedly turned that around toward the end of his career there. Then, supposedly trends continued in Buffalo.

I'm thinking John McCargo is John McCargo's problem......not the coaching staff.

You coached against him in high school, and somehow being the lazy ass, he got a division I scholarship, played 4 years, and became a first round draft choice? He must be a total loser. There are only 32 people in the world who are first round NFL draft choices per year.

Therefore, McCargo must be a total waste of a player.

I'd love to get Raji, but we weren't the only ones watching the Senior Bowl practices. He just raised his status tremendously. He might not get past the Pack at #9. Might go even earlier.

I agree but hey maybe he'll have bad numbers at the combine and his draft stock will even out. We ALL know how combine warriors are the ones that get all the hype and draft stock climb b/c of what they can do in shorts... Makes a lot of sense right?