Beware of the JETs, They will "attack"

Chuckknox

He's setting the tone. It's a good start.

Yeah. He knows he doesn't have the personnel he had in Baltimore, but he'll stay aggressive. Hopefully for our sake he'll struggle a bit especially early, but since NY doesn't have a 'cash to cap' owner they can add pieces pretty quickly.

Yeah. He knows he doesn't have the personnel he had in Baltimore, but he'll stay aggressive. Hopefully for our sake he'll struggle a bit especially early, but since NY doesn't have a 'cash to cap' owner they can add pieces pretty quickly.

I do not think so. They are a reported 10 million dollars over the cap right now. They blew their wad last year giving all those ridiculous contracts out. My guess is favre is done(which will free up 13 mill in cap space) but then they still have to find their QB. Would not surprise me in the least if they go after Cassel. Anyways, I really think the jets are the least of our worries in the AFC East next year.

I do not think so. They are a reported 10 million dollars over the cap right now. They blew their wad last year giving all those ridiculous contracts out. My guess is favre is done(which will free up 13 mill in cap space) but then they still have to find their QB. Would not surprise me in the least if they go after Cassel. Anyways, I really think the jets are the least of our worries in the AFC East next year.

They can't go after Cassel. New England is putting the franchise tag on him.

They can't go after Cassel. New England is putting the franchise tag on him.

Yeah, obviously if they put the tag on him he is not going to the Jets. My guess is if they tag him they would want to do a trade. Have they placed it on him yet? I have not read anything that says they have.

Yeah they'll put the tag on him, but that doesn't mean they will have to sign him right away. They'll probably tag him and wait to see how Brady's working out.

If they tag him it is not up to them when they sign him. All Cassel has to do is sign the tender & if I was him it would take me about 2 seconds to sign it. Once he signs the tender, I believe NE is stuck. They would no longer have the option of removing the tag then. Their only option would be to trade him.