What do you y'all think of Billy Goat Clinton?

I cant stand the guy, but thats just me. I think he inherited a good country from Bush and just rode it through 8 years. Bush Sr inherited a bad country and was fixing it ... when Clinton took over he just needed to wait a few months for the country to take affect what Bush Sr had done and he just rode it through.

Not to mention that Clinton had a chance to get Osama and didnt and also had a chance to resolve the Iraq situation then and did nothing. Probably because he had ruined our military so much by then that he couldnt send troops over or they would be pulvarized.

There actually were some excellent Defense initiatives begun under Clinton, in terms of policy. He was the first President to truly recognize the WMD proliferation threat and his administration initiated some good programs to address it. The organization I work for was formed under his watch.

Also, the drawdown of the active military began under Bush 1. We were geared to fight massive tank battles against the Soviet Union. The world changed.

Clinto hurt us the worst in readiness and intelligence. Two very key areas. The Clinton era military placed too much reliance in technology, when it's still the guy flying the jet or carrying the rifle that implements whatever actions are required at the time. He also bears a lot of the burden for why folks like Al Qaida think they can push us around. The withdrawl from Somalia and the conduct of the war in the Balkans sent a very clear message. Reagan shares blame there as well, pulling out of Lebanon.

Our current crop of bad guys are not going to respect anyone that doesn't have a lot of resolve.

Well, time for the weekly flogging. Go Bills!