I am sooo glad I don't live in a major US city

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WTF is that supposed to mean?

Glad to see you jumping right in to fill the molson_2000 role on the board now that Obama is in office.

It's means you're more likely to die in a major city from a terrorist blast or chemical strike then in the country. Especially now because there is no War on Terror and we have replaced "fear with hope" or some BS like that.

It's means you're more likely to die in a major city from a terrorist blast or chemical strike then in the country. Especially now because there is no War on Terror and we have replaced "fear with hope" or some BS like that.

You can say this as fact with no facts to back that up?

Really? More likely to die from a terrorist attack in a major city than out in the sticks? Amazing. Who'da thunk it.

Next thing you know you'll tell me people are more likely to get mugged in a big city too. :worthy:

Oh and by the way, when I was young and we were constantly in fear of nuclear war, my uncle used to say that if the Russians drop the bomb, he wanted it to land right on his head. I feel the same way. I'd rather be taken out than live with what's left.

Or dine in some of the world's best restaurants, see the best symphonies, plays, concerts, art museums. Sorry, but I'm more of a positive attitude guy.

But you're more likely to find an abandoned bunker stocked with silver ingots in the country, so it's kind of a toss-up.

Really? More likely to die from a terrorist attack in a major city than out in the sticks? Amazing. Who'da thunk it.

Heard a great bit on the radio the other day by a comedian named Ralphie May. He commented that he heard authorities thwarted a terrorist attack on St. Louis and it made him realize how stupid terrorists are if they're willing to assassinate the King of Beers and force all the rednecks to drink Coors Lite.

For a lot of reasons but, one main one, that's where Obama's first test will take place. Good luck city rats

Come to Cincinnati! Free food for your kids if they bother to show up, plus the system makes a handsome profit off of nationwide taxpayers to add to the pay for teachers who can never, ever be fired! :worthy:

When I lived in Butler County, OH, the Fairfield school district routinely placed calls to me to enroll my (non-existent) kids into the food programs.

http://news.cincinnati.com/article/2009011...100312/-1/TODAY

Hmmmm Obama's been President for a full 24 hours and the world hasn't imploded upon itself yet? Maybe we can afford to peek our heads out from under the bunkers....

nah, best not to risk it.

I don't think anyone really expected the entire world to end just because Obama was inaugurated.

Unicorn-related impalements, however, are less than predicted.

Come to Cincinnati! Free food for your kids if they bother to show up, plus the system makes a handsome profit off of nationwide taxpayers to add to the pay for teachers who can never, ever be fired! :D

When I lived in Butler County, OH, the Fairfield school district routinely placed calls to me to enroll my (non-existent) kids into the food programs.

http://news.cincinnati.com/article/2009011...100312/-1/TODAY

So the Children's Hunger Alliance is spending money to attempt to feed children who apparently are not hungry. Fuggin' brilliant.

Or dine in some of the world's best restaurants, see the best symphonies, plays, concerts, art museums. Sorry, but I'm more of a positive attitude guy.

Here's one for you Chef... :D

As you can see from my location, I'm a city guy as well.