Kelsay to be Cut?

Virgil

I admit, i'm not a big Kelsay fan. The man gets paid a ton of money and has never really done anything. He is a back-up at best and generates no pass rush. However, I have to wonder, does he, if not others get cut this off-season.

Everything you hear from our staff, including Kelsay himself, is how one of our biggest offseason needs is to generate a pass-rush. Sure, Shobel was out for a while, but what about the rest of our 4 starters on the O-Line? In Strouds defense, that man got double teamed on every single play. Even with that happening and our other D-Linemen getting obviously matched up man to man, still no pass rush. And honestly, we didn't really have a pass rush with Shobel in there.

We made a play for the Canadian guy, the team said we need a better pass rush, many people have us drafting a DE, and it's one of our highest paid positions on the team. With that being the case, doesn't that basically say that our guys aren't doing their job?

End result? Do we really plan to pay Kelsay, if not possibly Schobel this much money to be a back-up? Cause in all fairness, if we lost both of them, would we really notice a drop off? I mean, how many less sacks could we get without them. Our leading players with sacks was 4?!!?

Tear it down, throw it out, start again.

I agree 10000000000000000000000% about Kelsay. He'll probably be a good coach one day because he sure acts like more of a leader than a dominant pass rusher.

The guy made stole $5,000,000 this past year which is RIDICULOUS.

If we bring in a few guys, this guy surely has to go and I don't care if he was one of our defensive captains.

As for Schobel, we may be stuck with him because of his salary, the cap hit, and his tenure on the team. I think the front office believes he can still be a force if he's healthy. Big if, right? I don't think you can cut him. He should be here next year and if he doesn't perform up to his contract, then you part ways with him next year. Can't just cut everyone...

I agree 10000000000000000000000% about Kelsay. He'll probably be a good coach one day because he sure acts like more of a leader than a dominant pass rusher.

If we bring in a few guys, this guy surely has to go and I don't care if he was one of our defensive captains.

As for Schobel, we may be stuck with him because of his salary, the cap hit, and his tenure on the team. I think the front office believes he can still be a force if he's healthy. Big if, right? I don't think you can cut him. He should be here next year and if he doesn't perform up to his contract, then you part ways with him next year. Can't just cut everyone...

I do not understand how he is a captain

good guy - but idk about a good player

To say he stole $5,000,000 is RIDICULOUS

it was not his decision to be OFFERED a big contract from the Bills Brass. Which also had a huge residual effect in Schobel's over paid contract as well. The guy is a good guy who works hard. If you are to blame anyone it is the front office of the Bills who made the offer. It's not his fault that he isn't that talented. He is what he is, which is a hard working player that has little talent.

I say we cut the guy and look for bigger and better things.

it was not his decision to be OFFERED a big contract from the Bills Brass.

No, he literally stole $5,000,000 without the Bills even knowing it. Not only is he a "hard working player with little talent," he's also a thief. (let's continue this BOLD TEXT game, it's fun)

Freakin' thief.

I wouldn't say he'll be cut until we know what his cap hit would be...obviously he makes a lot of money, and a lot of money could be lost by just cutting him...out of our best 3 DE's I would think the cut order would go : Kelsay, Denney, Schobel...per performance, but that might be different if you look at it per money paid...If Buffalo brings in only 1 new DE I'll say none of the 3 gets cut this year..If they bring in multiple "good" DE's then its possable 1 gets cut this year...Also on the possable cut list is Ellis...we havent seen anything from him in his rookie year at all..maybe a few plays...its possable that Buffalo drafts DE in 1st or 2nd round and dumps Ellis and keep Kelsay, Denney and Schobel..main point is at this point of the offseason we cant determin what Buffalo is going to do...we need to wait for FA and the draft..but its still fun to speculate

REALITY TIME:

1) in six seasons he's missed 2 games

2) if not him, then who do you have in mind for the same money that will do a better job?

3) it ain't his fault that the Bills didn't have a backer on his side to lend some help

4) it ain't his fault he's stuck with a HC and DC that are totally clueless

I admit, i'm not a big Kelsay fan. The man gets paid a ton of money and has never really done anything. He is a back-up at best and generates no pass rush. However, I have to wonder, does he, if not others get cut this off-season.

Everything you hear from our staff, including Kelsay himself, is how one of our biggest offseason needs is to generate a pass-rush. Sure, Shobel was out for a while, but what about the rest of our 4 starters on the O-Line? In Strouds defense, that man got double teamed on every single play. Even with that happening and our other D-Linemen getting obviously matched up man to man, still no pass rush. And honestly, we didn't really have a pass rush with Shobel in there.

We made a play for the Canadian guy, the team said we need a better pass rush, many people have us drafting a DE, and it's one of our highest paid positions on the team. With that being the case, doesn't that basically say that our guys aren't doing their job?

End result? Do we really plan to pay Kelsay, if not possibly Schobel this much money to be a back-up? Cause in all fairness, if we lost both of them, would we really notice a drop off? I mean, how many less sacks could we get without them. Our leading players with sacks was 4?!!?

I would have no problem with the Bills cutting Kelsey, but it's not going to happen. He will make the final roster next year and unfortunately, probably still be starting...

REALITY TIME:

1) in six seasons he's missed 2 games

2) if not him, then who do you have in mind for the same money that will do a better job?

3) it ain't his fault that the Bills didn't have a backer on his side to lend some help

4) it ain't his fault he's stuck with a HC and DC that are totally clueless

Your reality sucks.

1) Always good when an average player has durability. Then you find out how average he really is. But I'm sure he's gotten really good at giving speeches in the locker room.

2) ANYONE. Literally, anyone. That's really good money to be handing out to someone who contributes the bare minimum. Use that money towards our first round pick or a big free agent, aye? If you want some names, I'll find some but it's pointless. We tried acquiring Wake from the CFL, which indicates to me that we're looking to replace Kelsay with just about anyone.

3) It wouldn't make a difference. He's average. You'll find that out for the 7th year straight if he remains on the team.

4) HE WAS THE FIRST GUY TO SPEAK OUT FOR HIS COACH. HE LOVES DICK JAURON. He supports this "totally clueless" coach. If he had it his way, Dick would be his coach for life. Probably because he knows under any other coach he wouldn't be a starting defensive end.

Sorry, but you're a tad late to the "Kelsay is ridiculously overpaid and should be cut" party.

it was not his decision to be OFFERED a big contract from the Bills Brass. Which also had a huge residual effect in Schobel's over paid contract as well. The guy is a good guy who works hard. If you are to blame anyone it is the front office of the Bills who made the offer. It's not his fault that he isn't that talented. He is what he is, which is a hard working player that has little talent.

I say we cut the guy and look for bigger and better things.

What's up Coach Jauron? How's your offseason going so so far?