The Bills tried to sign Cam Wake...

Its a win-win situation for a lot of you guys. We dont sign him, and you get to bash the front office for not signing him, not doing their job, blah, blah, blah. But, if we overpaid for him (as was suggested), they you guys get to B word that the front office sucks because they overpay for mediocre players.

And wouldn't this mean polian is an idiot, because wake didn't sign with the colts?

Your missing the big picture. Nobody wants to come here. Not even an unproven player. What does it say about this organization when a mediocre assistant leaves to join a team that is only marginally better than ours? People are holding out hope that we can sign a top tier free agent like Matt Birk, or Suggs. Its not gonna happen. We'll sign some career backups to three year deals worth about 1.5 a season and watch them consistently suck on a weekly basis.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Your missing the big picture. Nobody wants to come here. Not even an unproven player. What does it say about this organization when a mediocre assistant leaves to join a team that is only marginally better than ours? People are holding out hope that we can sign a top tier free agent like Matt Birk, or Suggs. Its not gonna happen. We'll sign some career backups to three year deals worth about 1.5 a season and watch them consistently suck on a weekly basis.

So no one wants to go to indy either? I fail to see how some 2nd tier player not choosing to come here means no one wants to come here. Perhaps he was going to a team where he felt he's have a better chance at more playing time. Maybe he wanted to play in a 3-4 defense.

If everyone hates it here, why did Evans re-sign? You'd think he would have liked ot hit the fre agent market to get out of buffalo. Why did mitchell sign last year? Big name free agents go where the $ is first. Suggs and Peppers aren't coming here, not because they think buffalo sucks, but because buffalo wont pony up the $ it takes to bring the huge names in.

So no one wants to go to indy either? I fail to see how some 2nd tier player not choosing to come here means no one wants to come here. Perhaps he was going to a team where he felt he's have a better chance at more playing time. Maybe he wanted to play in a 3-4 defense.

If everyone hates it here, why did Evans re-sign? You'd think he would have liked ot hit the fre agent market to get out of buffalo. Why did mitchell sign last year? Big name free agents go where the $ is first. Suggs and Peppers aren't coming here, not because they think buffalo sucks, but because buffalo wont pony up the $ it takes to bring the huge names in.

Buffalo can't pony up huge dollars to pull in big time free agents because they wouldn't come here. We had to overpay just to get mediocre players like Dockery and Walker. And we took care of Evans before he became a free agent.

Not true. Money talks and that is all that matters to most players and agents.

Buffalo can't pony up huge dollars to pull in big time free agents because they wouldn't come here. We had to overpay just to get mediocre players like Dockery and Walker. And we took care of Evans before he became a free agent.

How does a free agent supposedly not wanting to come here affect how much we can offer them? Your argument makes no sense.

How does a free agent supposedly not wanting to come here affect how much we can offer them? Your argument makes no sense.

I'm saying we can't attract top tier free agents regardless of how much money we offer them given the current state of our organization. If I'm so wrong than name me one stud free agent that signed with us over the last 7 or 8 seasons. And don't give me Spikes because he was overrated to begin with.

I'm saying we can't attract top tier free agents regardless of how much money we offer them given the current state of our organization. If I'm so wrong than name me one stud free agent that signed with us over the last 7 or 8 seasons. And don't give me Spikes because he was overrated to begin with.

No, you're getting TKO, because he was one of the biggest playmaking LBs in the game prior to his injury. You're getting Fletcher. Sam Adams. Lawyer Milloy. Buffalo traditionally doesn't go after the highest priced free agents. But if we did, it would come down to money as it does 99% of the time with players.