Jim Leonhard

Griff28

With his performance today and throughout the year - coupled with the fact Buffalo didn't tender him the $972,000 necessary to keep him around, is embarrassing. Of course, we do have the million dollar speed bump - Ko Simpson. Just another example of organizational ineptness.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

With his performance today and throughout the year - coupled with the fact Buffalo didn't tender him the $972,000 necessary to keep him around, is embarrassing. Of course, we do have the million dollar speed bump - Ko Simpson. Just another example of organizational ineptness.

Roscoe's a better PR. So where would you put Leonhard???

thing to remember is....a player who does well in one system can stink in another.

Couple of cases in point:

John Parella....looked like a bust here in our 3-4 and wound up having a solid career in the 4-3 in San Diego

Bryce Paup...a monster in the 3-4 but disappeared when we switched to a 4-3

Regarding Leonard, I didn't think he was much more than average in Buffalo...of course that's about the level I'd have placed Ko Simpson at before his injury as well...and obviously below average since coming back.

how many more of these Leonhard threads do we need....we get it, he is a good player and the Bills made a mistake letting him go...WE GET IT

lets move on

thing to remember is....a player who does well in one system can stink in another.

Couple of cases in point:

John Parella....looked like a bust here in our 3-4 and wound up having a solid career in the 4-3 in San Diego

Bryce Paup...a monster in the 3-4 but disappeared when we switched to a 4-3

Regarding Leonard, I didn't think he was much more than average in Buffalo...of course that's about the level I'd have placed Ko Simpson at before his injury as well...and obviously below average since coming back.

That's crap. He was more productive here that Simpson has ever been. They looked at a guy who should be good versus a guy who is.

What's more embarrassing is bypassing Ngata for Whitner.

thats the one that continues to bug me, i cant help but think what he would be like on the Bills line

your team has trouble stopping the run, there is a run stuffing DT on the board and your team reaches for a SS...didnt make any sense then and makes even less sense now

stopping the run starts with the D-line so why on earth would they draft a SS before a DT

That's crap. He was more productive here that Simpson has ever been. They looked at a guy who should be good versus a guy who is.

Good at what? Leonhard's an undersized safety who's a nice put returner. If it wasn't for the punt return game, he'd be invisible...

All Leonhard does is make plays. He's always around the ball either getting an INT or picking up a fumble or returning a punt. HE did the same stuff for Buffalo even with our crummy front 7. Not sure why he was not resigned. It is stupid. Clearly he's a difference maker.