Man up and admit to your favorite chick flick

BuffaloBill

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My wife and I have a tradition of alternating selections when we go to the movies. She will almost always select a drippy, chick flick (Although one time she chose "Gladiator" believing it was a love story ever since, I have "owed" her). I feel it is my duty to all men to whine and complain about her choices. However, once and a while they are pretty good movies.

I have to admit that "Something's Gotta Give" is mine. I laughed my arze off.

So men of the TSW what is your favorite "chick flick?" (Ladies - what is your favorite "guy movie?")

Want to know how I know you're gay?

You want to know the signs that other guys might be gay....

--The 40 Year Old Virgin - Not a chick flick, but a great movie.

By the way, Man'ing up and admitting your favorite chick flick is an oxymoron...

Have to admit liking "How To Lose A Guy In 10 Days," in part because I think Kate Hudson is awesome. Caught it on a plane, and ended up making wifey rent it.

Another one is "What Women Want," but a lot of that has to do with all the great Sinatra played during the movie.

Not sure if "Kramer Vs. Kramer" counts, but it was a phenomenal flick.

Have to admit liking "How To Lose A Guy In 10 Days," in part because I think Kate Hudson is awesome. Caught it on a plane, and ended up making wifey rent it.

Another one is "What Women Want," but a lot of that has to do with all the great Sinatra played during the movie.

Not sure if "Kramer Vs. Kramer" counts, but it was a phenomenal flick.

When Kramer vs Kramer came out, I was single parenting my three year old daughter, working on divorcing my absentee POS legal spouse "in absentia" and praying she did not return and fight for "legal" custody. Great movie when it can make you HATE a character.

I kept my daughter and it was never contested.

Sweet Home Alabama,

Knocked Up (if it counts)

and The Wedding Singer....

My wife just blurted out Princess Bride too.....

Fools Rush In.

I'll admit to any and or all of these, although a couple are (as has already been established) not chick flicks.

Is something wrong with me if I think nearly all the movies listed so far are great?

I don't think so. I"m the same way. As long as there's a good story, I like romance flicks. It's the movies that have basically no plot whatsoever other than "I am woman, here's my estrogen" that I have no interest in. Movies like Steal Magnolias or Sex in the City, countless others. Occasionally one of those will come out made well enough to keep my interest. I thought Fried Green Tomatoes was very well done. Thelma and Louise came close, so I can see others thinking it was alright, but it wasn't for me.