Man up and admit to your favorite chick flick

BuffaloBill

My wife and I have a tradition of alternating selections when we go to the movies. She will almost always select a drippy, chick flick (Although one time she chose "Gladiator" believing it was a love story ever since, I have "owed" her). I feel it is my duty to all men to whine and complain about her choices. However, once and a while they are pretty good movies.

I have to admit that "Something's Gotta Give" is mine. I laughed my arze off.

So men of the TSW what is your favorite "chick flick?" (Ladies - what is your favorite "guy movie?")

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Saw the Benjamin Buttons flick last night...not great, but not bad either.... gotta admitt, I got a little choked up when the baby closed his eyes at the end... of course, my girlfriend was bawling through the whole movie... for a story so absurd, it was pretty good... and Kate Blanchett is always a plus! :wallbash:

Saw the Benjamin Buttons flick last night...not great, but not bad either.... gotta admitt, I got a little choked up when the baby closed his eyes at the end... of course, my girlfriend was bawling through the whole movie... for a story so absurd, it was pretty good... and Kate Blanchett is always a plus! :wallbash:

Hard to argue about Kate

oh alright...

meg ryan was cute in her younger days, so i can put up with her - 'when sarah met larry' w/billy crystal was pretty good. i like the tom hanks/meg ryan combo - clueless in seattle, ya got mail, etc. also, french kiss w/kevin kline was funny.

andy mcdowell also puts a rise in my levis, so i can tolerate anything with her. her and gerry depardieu in green card, w/bill murray in groundhog day - not sure if that's a bonafide 'chick flick' tho.

i'd better stop now.

oh alright...

meg ryan was cute in her younger days, so i can put up with her - 'when sarah met larry' w/billy crystal was pretty good. i like the tom hanks/meg ryan combo - clueless in seattle, ya got mail, etc. also, french kiss w/kevin kline was funny.

andy mcdowell also puts a rise in my levis, so i can tolerate anything with her. her and gerry depardieu in green card, w/bill murray in groundhog day - not sure if that's a bonafide 'chick flick' tho.

i'd better stop now.

You forgot this:

Mike Leach

does "A League Of Their Own" count as a chick flick? I love that movie and will watch it anytime it is on

It does count, but it's a good movie nonetheless.

I fully admit to being a fan of "Sleepless in Seattle", which I thought was a good romantic movie to watch with a woman you want to be with.

"My Big Fat Greek Wedding" is another good one...Kim loves that movie.

Brrrrrr, I'd rather watch Jack Lemmon & Tony Curtis prance around in women's clothing than Blanchett look half man, half ape.

Some Like it Hot was a pretty funny movie

Billy Wilder was an amazing writer, who became a great director. He emigrated from NAAZI Germany just before the war.

His best works as a director (All top flight films with superb casting throughout.)

- Double Indemnity

- The Lost Weekend

- Sunset Blvd.

- Ace in the Hole

- Stalag 17

- Sabrina

- Some Like it Hot

- Witness for the Prosecution

- The Apartment