29. William Moore S Missouri 90

30. Sean Smith* CB Utah 90

31. Darrius Heyward-Bey* WR Maryland 90

32. Max Unger C Oregon 89

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its close, but I'd probably take BJ Raji at 11, with Everette Brown as my 2nd choice at that spot. IMO, Raji is the best defensive player in this draft and while the Bills have a somewhat bigger need at DE, I don't think I could pass on an elite DT. They made that mistake once before with Ngata and its one I hope they don't repeat.

When you look at the #10-18 players,

10. Brian Orakpo DE Texas 95

11. Jason Smith OT Baylor 95

12. Knowshon Moreno** RB Georgia 94

13. Brandon Pettigrew TE Okla. State 93

14. B.J. Raji* DT Boston College 93

15. Rey Maualuga ILB USC 93

16. Percy Harvin* WR Florida 93

17. Vontae Davis* CB Illinois 93

18. Everette Brown* DE Florida State 93

We can throw out Moreno and Davis as likely RD#1 picks. Raji and Everette Brown are good defensive choices--Orakpo played like he was absent on 3 games I saw. Of course that's less than Kelsay.

Pettigrew is my choice for offense. Harvin could take pressure off of Evans, but I suspect Pettigrew could take pressure off of our quarterback.

When you look at the #10-18 players,

10. Brian Orakpo DE Texas 95

11. Jason Smith OT Baylor 95

12. Knowshon Moreno** RB Georgia 94

13. Brandon Pettigrew TE Okla. State 93

14. B.J. Raji* DT Boston College 93

15. Rey Maualuga ILB USC 93

16. Percy Harvin* WR Florida 93

17. Vontae Davis* CB Illinois 93

18. Everette Brown* DE Florida State 93

We can throw out Moreno and Davis as likely RD#1 picks. Raji and Everette Brown are good defensive choices--Orakpo played like he was absent on 3 games I saw. Of course that's less than Kelsay.

Pettigrew is my choice for offense. Harvin could take pressure off of Evans, but I suspect Pettigrew could take pressure off of our quarterback.

Pettigrew would take pressure off of everyone on the offense. Insert Pettirgew and Trent has a safety valve. A guy who can catch underneath stuff and take it up the seam. This means less double coverage on Evans. It also opens up the run game. A pass catching tight end is just what the doctor ordered for this team.

I say Mabin or Cushing.

I don't mind those picks but have u seen Orakpo he is a beast there is a vid on these boards somewhere about him he is crazy he is the man i want. and then after him Michael Johnson out of Georgia Tech he will be a beast too

Pettigrew would take pressure off of everyone on the offense. Insert Pettirgew and Trent has a safety valve. A guy who can catch underneath stuff and take it up the seam. This means less double coverage on Evans. It also opens up the run game. A pass catching tight end is just what the doctor ordered for this team.

A TE is a big need, but I'm not sure that I'd draft one at 11 now with Gresham returning to school. I think they'd do just as well waiting until the 2nd round. I wouldn't even be totally surprised if Pettigrew lasts until the 2nd, but even if he's not available, Chase Coffman should be. That's probably a little higher than the draft boards will ultimately say he should go, but there's little doubt in my mind that he'd solve this team's TE problems and be a solid starter within a year or two.

In the unlikely event that they draft for the offense in R1, I think the pick will be at WR.

I'd go with either Brown(1a) or Maybin(1b) if we do not address DE in FA. If we do get an elite pass rusher in FA, then I take Raji. In the second we should take the best C available, whether it's Mack, Unger, Luigs, whomever is left. We can get James Casey, TE from Rice(my choice personally) or Chase Coffman more than likely in the 3rd round.

Pettigrew is a 3 inch taller and slightly faster version of Daniel Grahm sp? with better hands. I believe DG went at pick 23 so I could see Pettigrew going a little higher but not #11.

He'd have to be a LOT better than Daniel Graham to merit any consideration in the first round. Graham's had fewer catches than Robert Royal in each of the past four seasons.