USC QB Mark Sanchez set to declare for the draft

Smart move by Dirty Sanchez. Come out this season, and you're easily the #2 QB on the board. You could be taken in the top 10, and at the very least you shouldn't fall out of the 1st round, guaranteeing a decent payday. Next season, he'd have to fight against the likes of McCoy, Bradford, etc.

I dunno. He only started one season and was surrounded by USC's talent. I could easily see him falling into the 2nd round. His coach didn't want him to declare, his family didn't want him to declare. This has bust written all over it.

Seriously though, why wouldn't this guy come out early after he saw how badly staying one more year cost Brady Quinn. Football is a game, but there also is a huge payday. Ryan Leaf sucked, and was a huge bust, but I bet he isn't running a machine in a factory somewhere. Instead he probably won't ever have to work again.

Maybe the kid is smart enough to punch his own ticket first and worry about the HOF later.

Pete Carroll thinks Sanchez cost himself $10-$20 million by not staying one more year. This isn't the case of a sure-fire top 10 draft pick. Sanchez could easily "slide" into the second round because he's only started one year. I think Carroll's right. He should've stayed and solidified his stock next season.

I dunno. He only started one season and was surrounded by USC's talent. I could easily see him falling into the 2nd round. His coach didn't want him to declare, his family didn't want him to declare. This has bust written all over it.

Bust or not, he's in line to make millions, since he'll be the second QB off the board. I have no clue how well he'll turn out in the pros, but its a smart decision for him financially, regardless of how he turns out. And maybe, this benefits him. Instead of going to a crap team in the top 10, perhaps some team drafting in the bottom 12 will draft him with the intention on developing over a couple of years, like Gruden and the Buccs.

I don't know if he will be a good quarterback or not in the pro's and as far as him being ready for the NFL, he probably could use another year in college, but with Bradford and Tebow staying, it probably was the right financial decision for him to turn pro. You can't take things for granted, he ended his college career on a very impressive note, and I'm sure some team will draft him reasonably high.

With Bradford out, USC QB Mark Sanchez is set to cash in. Literally.

And seeing how he thrashed the Nittany Lions with his 28 for 35 passing, piling up 413 yards and 4 TDs with zero picks, he's a first rounder for sure.

The Combine is going to be exciting as Sanchez and Stafford battle for top QB honors, and the likely right to go number one overall.

Link:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/draft09/news/story?id=3833465

The rape accusations are not going to help him. It's a black eye and I wouldn't be surprised if he slides to the 3rd or 4th round.

I wouldn't draft him that high based on one year. He should have went back for another season.

The rape accusations are not going to help him. It's a black eye and I wouldn't be surprised if he slides to the 3rd or 4th round.

I wouldn't draft him that high based on one year. He should have went back for another season.

He probably would benefit from one more year by showing he's consistent as a passer. But his Rose Bowl performance was lights out.

Also, the rape accusation is a concern but he was never even charged. Anybody can accuse anybody of anything. He'll have to answer questions about it, no doubt. Team will grill him hard about at Combine interviews. A lot of guys have question marks but some of these guys are taken advantage of because people know they're stars and will make it big, scoring multi-million dollar contracts. People are greedy and want a taste. The world is full of crazy people who'll sell their souls for money. These such people accuse up and comers of crazy stuff.

Most recently, some of our young guys had past question marks. Lynch and Hardy.