Gresham

BeastMode54

James Casey, TE from Rice. I hope he lasts until the 3rd atleast so we can go DE then C in the 1st and 2nd.

That would be nice, but I'm not so sure about this guy. A sophmore coming out of the Conference USA raises some red flags for me. Tough to argue with all those catches he made and his size is nice. I'll reserve judgement until after the Combine.

Best-case scenario: Bills don't draft a tight end, instead we draft a difference maker at defensive end, a franchise center and a good linebacker to replace skinny man Ellison. Then, Derek Fine turns out to be the answer at tight end next season, resembling guys like Cooley, Dallas Clark and Jason Whitten.

Worst-case scenario: Gresham eventually turns out to be the best tight end ever and we were a year late because we finish 8-8 next season and he's picked in the top 10. Also, we re-sign Robert Royal for 3 more years.

Most realistic scenario: We don't address the need for tight end, and draft a cornerback in round 1 for some inexplicable reason. To silence the fans, we draft a tight end in the 6th round who is somehow related to Schouman.

Best-case scenario: Bills don't draft a tight end, instead we draft a difference maker at defensive end, a franchise center and a good linebacker to replace skinny man Ellison. Then, Derek Fine turns out to be the answer at tight end next season, resembling guys like Cooley, Dallas Clark and Jason Whitten.

Worst-case scenario: Gresham eventually turns out to be the best tight end ever and we were a year late because we finish 8-8 next season and he's picked in the top 10. Also, we re-sign Robert Royal for 3 more years.

Most realistic scenario: We don't address the need for tight end, and draft a cornerback in round 1 for some inexplicable reason. To silence the fans, we draft a tight end in the 6th round who is somehow related to Schouman.

A+ post!

Ya, this is screwing with my master plan (lol). Coffman might def. not make it out of the first now. :thumbsup:

Coffman as of right now I think should still be there for our 2nd round pick. Pettigrew I imagine is now the top Tightend Prospect and Philly may look his way.

Ya, this is screwing with my master plan (lol). Coffman might def. not make it out of the first now. :thumbsup:

Especially if teams do like fans of some teams do and look to fill a position rather than find talent.

Then again, the Bills have all the talent in the world; it's all just coaching. Well, that and we need Mike Nugent to kick for us...

As much as I think Gresham would be a welcome addition, I see no reason to fret over this.

If the offense would actually use the tight end effectively, we might see what Derek Fine can or can't do. No, he's not Tony Gonzalez or Dallas Clark, but I want to see the TE spot actually be used before we address the need for one.