Advice needed from TBD experts...

RayFinkle

Yeah, me too.

Trim first? That's crazy talk. I'd have that trim so messed up I would just have to do it again.

FYI--if you also have to do the floor, start at the door and work yourself back into the room. :thumbsup:

Nope.

Do the higher gloss trim - and let it dry. While painting the trim, a bit getting on the wall is no big deal - you are going to paint the walls eventually.

Then the ceiling. If if drips on the to-be-painted walls, wipe it off. No need to worry excessively - you are going to paint the walls.

Do the walls last. It's easier to wipe the wall paint off the glossier trim than vice versa.

I recommend the Shur-Line paint edger:

http://www.thepaintstore.com/Shur_Line_s/1...CFQw9GgodzR0iDA

One of the best tools ever invented. Just make sure you take it easy on the paint on don't get any on the little wheels....

I use the "upscale" one with the little swing-away guides. I think it's about a dollar and a half more.

I get about 3 washings per pad - then it seems to muck things up a bit. To me, it's well worth it to use a new pad when needed.

Nope.

Do the higher gloss trim - and let it dry. While painting the trim, a bit getting on the wall is no big deal - you are going to paint the walls eventually.

Then the ceiling. If if drips on the to-be-painted walls, wipe it off. No need to worry excessively - you are going to paint the walls.

Do the walls last. It's easier to wipe the wall paint off the glossier trim than vice versa.

I recommend the Shur-Line paint edger:

http://www.thepaintstore.com/Shur_Line_s/1...CFQw9GgodzR0iDA

Sorry but I did not like that product.

First, do the ceiling. Wait for it to dry and tape very carefully. The trick is to not just tape around the edges where it meets the wall. Tape extra careful there, but then tape the entire rest of the ceiling. If you're in a hurry, you don't have to wait for the paint to dry before taping.

Next, paint the walls. Repeat the taping process. Be sure to use drop cloths on the floors.

Before you paint the trim take away the drop cloths and put down two coats of tape on the floor. If you have carpet, rip it up and tape the sub floor.

Now paint the trim. Tape the trim. Put a thin layer of caulk.....that's right caulk over the tape on the trim.

Now re-install the carpet.

You are now ready to remove all the tape. The trick is not to rip it off, but to scrape it off with a razor. Scrape hard for best results.

When you are done with this hire a painter.

Ceiling, walls, trim. My preference. Almost always have to second coat everything. Only pussies use tape. :beer:

Once upon a time Mrs Rock took the kids out so I could paint. I did the ceiling, than did all the cutting in with a brush, which is very time consuming. Mrs Rock came home a few hours later. The walls were that same color and cutting in does not cover a large area, and she asked me wtf I had been doing!

The next time she went out, I rolled on the walls and ceiling and did no cutting in or trim. I sat down, had a beer, and watched a movie. Mrs Rock got home and said "Wow, you are really getting it done fast this time."

Another lesson for the married man. :thumbsup: