Ball State QB declares for draft

ieatcrayonz

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You're right. No team really NEEDS a qb that can throw the ball 9 yards.

No, what I am saying is we should pick a QB in the 1st AND 2nd round. With two talented guys selected that high, we're bound to hit on one. It is time to hedge our bets.

I can't remember his name and don't know if he is any good but if the Bills draft for need he could be our guy. Will he be there at #11?

I hope you are joking about this cuz if you saw him play against the Bulls you would have seen how bad he stinks and if how if he cant handle the bulls defense just imagine him in the NFL. Plus are you talking about drafting him the first round? why would u say that that is just stupid to me i hope you are kidding

I hope you are joking about this cuz if you saw him play against the Bulls you would have seen how bad he stinks and if how if he cant handle the bulls defense just imagine him in the NFL. Plus are you talking about drafting him the first round? why would u say that that is just stupid to me i hope you are kidding

Given our QB situation, does this thread look like a joke ?

How is being a bad NBA player a sure sign he will be a bad NFL player? Two sport stars often work out. Look at Tony Gonzalez. He might be better than the Ball S. guy at hoops but he would still stink against a real NBA team like the Bulls

So the Bulls stopped him. Big deal. I bet they could stop Trent Edwards too but that wouldn't mean Trent stunk at football. There are a lot of reasons Trent is bad but basketball skill or lack thereof is not one of them.

How is being a bad NBA player a sure sign he will be a bad NFL player? Two sport stars often work out. Look at Tony Gonzalez. He might be better than the Ball S. guy at hoops but he would still stink against a real NBA team like the Bulls

So the Bulls stopped him. Big deal. I bet they could stop Trent Edwards too but that wouldn't mean Trent stunk at football. There are a lot of reasons Trent is bad but basketball skill or lack thereof is not one of them.

Not one of your better efforts again. You have really slipped over the last few months. With this half azzed effort, you will probably will only get three or four morons trying to argue with you on this post.

The guys name is Nate Davis and if you actually saw his last few games you would not want him as a Bill at any round. Do you know he has a learning issue that makes hard to understand his playbook? Drew Willy would be a better choice. PTR

Alright, let's clear this up. Because alot of the things being said about Davis are about as dumb as it gets, including the statement above from PTR. And yes, I actually do have inside info on Davis, as I played sports at BSU, as well as persoonally knowing two coaches on their staff.....one of which was my roomie in college and a former player, and one of which I actually coached in High School.

Davis has a learning disability. He has trouble in school, not in his playbook. He knows the playbook fine. He also does slightly above average in school, but has to work twice as hard as anyone else at school just to stay in OK shape. He has no troubles with his playbook.

Second, Davis has a ton of skills that many pro scouts covet. He had a two year run at BSU where he did almost nothing wrong. He never turned the ball over. He has a rocket arm. He was a good teammate. And he moves enough in the pocket to buy himself time to throw. The fact that he had an incredible season with Dante Love gone, made him even more marketable this season.

Then came the last two games. He was flat out awful. The only defense he has was that he actually contracted the flu the day before the Buffalo game. But the turnovers were flat out awful, and he started to looked non-confident for the first time ever. So, everyone waited to see how he would handle the bowl game, and he played just as bad as the game before.

So, there you have it. A sure fire QB with all the right skills to have an impact as a 1st or early 2nd round QB in the NFL draft, and who's body of work over 95% of his career was flat out almost perfect. And now, just because things are never perfect, you add two end games to his legacy that are absolutely pathetic. Just enough to make you wonder.

My thoughts: I thought Davis should have waited another year to go pro. He looked like to me, that he lost all of his confidence in those last two games, and you have to wonder that if he doesn't have early success in the NFL, if that would ruin him or not.

If it wasn't for those two games, this kid was golden. Now, that small sample of playing time, could be killing him. Not a smart time for him to enter the draft, IMO. I personally wouldn't touch Davis until round 4, but that's me.

I'm enjoying Crayonz posts in this thread, well, because that's what he does. But this post about takes the cake for stupidity. Maybe after watching one of Jim Kelly's games in the 90's at Pittsburgh, all of the hall of fame voters should have not voted him in the hall either.

I mean, seriously, every game every starting QB in the NFL has in college I guess he throws for 375 yards, 3 TD's, and no INTS.

Every QB has a couple of bad games in college at one point. Just so happens that Davis had his last 2, nationally televised games, be his duds. The guy has a great arm and good size for a QB, but does he have the mental make-up to make it in the NFL. You don't want a repeat of Losman here in Buffalo or our own version of VY :thumbsup:

Every QB has a couple of bad games in college at one point. Just so happens that Davis had his last 2, nationally televised games, be his duds. The guy has a great arm and good size for a QB, but does he have the mental make-up to make it in the NFL. You don't want a repeat of Losman here in Buffalo or our own version of VY :thumbsup:

You are describing Trent Edwards to a teeth.

Anyway, generally speaking I am guessing a team would have a better chance with a strong armed QB from Ball S. than a weak armed glove wearing Mary from Los Gatos. Sometime the obvious is, well, obvious.

The quotation you are searching for is "To a Tea". It pertains to those afternoon sit down affairs involving lace doilies and trumpets.

To a teeth was used to describe John Elway.

While it is not my position to try to correct Crayonz perhaps he meant to say "to a tee" a small typically wooden or plastic device. Trent Edwards may use one this offseason as he rehabilitates the shoulder that apparently prevents him from throwing the ball more than 9 yards down the field.

While it is not my position to try to correct Crayonz perhaps he meant to say "to a tee" a small typically wooden or plastic device. Trent Edwards may use one this offseason as he rehabilitates the shoulder that apparently prevents him from throwing the ball more than 9 yards down the field.

wonder what his handicap is?

wonder what his handicap is?

Right arm – muscular atrophy - he's had it since childhood but is making great strides to overcome the problem in his adult life. His sister is helping him with physical therapy, much of which is done in the pool.