Hey, remember when we were 5-1?

Yeah - thought all they had to do was play .500 ball thr rest of the season and we would be guaranteed a playoff spot.

So did Dick Jauron, that is why he stopped being aggressive like he was at the begining of the season with the fake field goal for example. By week 6 Dick was in a PREVENT DEFENSE MODE, playing NOT to lose, instead of playing to WIN.

Good times. Happy times.

This sucks.

The reality was they sucked when they were 5-1.

It was Just nice to say they were 5-1. It was even nicer to think all they had to do was play .500 ball the remainder of the season and we would be 10-6 and out of the playoffs but it would have been nice to say we were 10-6.

Personally I like the way it is the 5-1 scared me because i was afraid they wouldnt improve in the areas they need to improve in. Hopefully they will do just that this off season. WR, C, TE, DE, OLB, MLB mov Poz back to OLB his natural position.

Yeah - thought all they had to do was play .500 ball thr rest of the season and we would be guaranteed a playoff spot.

I was back home in WNY for the bye week. I remember talking to a guy the night before the SD game and we both said the same thing. They go just .500 the rest of the season and they're 10-6 and at worst a wild card. Flew home the next day... caught the very end of the SD game on TV, saw that we won and figured that everything was falling into place. I just didn't know that "place" was actually "apart."

Who the hell would have suspected that we'd only win 2 more friggin games all season. What a disgrace.

Who would have thought that when sitting at 4-0, the only games we'd win the rest of the season were the ones against AFC west teams.

Good times. Happy times.

This sucks.

Of course, that's when the Bills brass believed they had a great head coach and locked him up for another 3 years. Same thing the Jests did when they were 8-3, right.... :thumbsup:

I guess it would have been worse to be the Jests sitting at 8-3 or Bucs at 9-3 (IIRC), but still sucks. I thought they were playoff bound after the SD game as well....

yeah, i remember when we were 5-1. trent edwards was mvp of the nfl. we were guaranteed home field advantage throughout the playoffs. jp losman was the only reason we'd lost a game to that point.

good times.

I was back home in WNY for the bye week. I remember talking to a guy the night before the SD game and we both said the same thing. They go just .500 the rest of the season and they're 10-6 and at worst a wild card. Flew home the next day... caught the very end of the SD game on TV, saw that we won and figured that everything was falling into place. I just didn't know that "place" was actually "apart."

This is probably the first season I have ever felt embarrassed to call myself a Bills fan. I've taken a lot of crap over the years - I lived in Dallas the two years we lost to the cowgirls in the Superbowl and it wasn't even close to being this bad. Then when Jauron and crew were given another chance I believe I hit a personal all time low as a Bills fan. We have truly become the joke of the NFL.

But today is a new day, there is hope in the draft and FA. Maybe we go 16-0 next season and finally get the ring following success in the playoffs. We will all argue about who was the only one to support Ralph’s decision to retain Jauron. Life will be glorious.

Your comment on "apart" is dead on.

I really do not buy that the Bills were such a terrible team all along. Something happened to the offense, to Edwards and perhaps the coaching that explains why the Bills were suddenly so terrible.

The Jets and Dolphins games that began the slide were very winnable games against -- at the time -- good teams. The Bills suddenly starting making stupid mistakes.

I'll take it 3 weeks farther back. I went to the St. Louis game, and after we snuck out of there with one of the worst efforts I have ever witnessed against a team with a concussed starting QB, a coach in his last game, and a WR who probably has a hip replacement, I told my Dad on the way home I didn't feel good about the rest of the season.

By that game, the team's "Cute" slow starts in the previous week's games had begun to last WELL into the 3rd quarter, and were more a telling tale that this team was in some serious trouble. Poor run blocking, very little down field passing, a horrendous defensive effort, and lousy 3rd down conversions against the Rams made that game hard to watch.

Yes, I was glad to be walking out of there with the win at that time, and was HOPING the coaching staff noticed the trouble the team was in, but the writing was on the wall, this team did not improve much, if at all from the previous year.

UGGGGHH!!!