The final Bush Press conference

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

God = reality?

FREEDOM = reality?

Freedom is debatable and so is God.

But I know libs like to whitewash 9/11, like it didnt happen and the ones who think it did, think Bush, ya know the "idiot" who couldnt do anything, masterminded the whole thing. So its no surprise that when Bush mentioned 9/11 and the fact that terrorism IS a threat, you libs recoil.

But I know libs like to whitewash 9/11, like it didnt happen and the ones who think it did, think Bush, ya know the "idiot" who couldnt do anything, masterminded the whole thing. So its no surprise that when Bush mentioned 9/11 and the fact that terrorism IS a threat, you libs recoil.

Quite the opposite; he didn't mastermind it, he neglected to heed the warnings from the previous administration, and instead was influenced by Cheney & Co. that spreading democracy to Iraq by the point of a gun would solve our Middle East problems, instead of concentrating on the real threat to America.

Good article, won't see this covered by the MSM

http://townhall.com/columnists/CharlesKrau..._imminent_rehab

Funny that Charlie doesn't mention what else Obama said about Cheney, which isn't support of their policies, but that it all has to be reviewed to see what needs to be changed...

STEPHANOPOULOS: Vice President Cheney has been giving a series of exit interviews and he told Mark Nolan(ph) of CBS that the Bush counterterrorism policies have definitely made the United States safer. And he added this piece of advice for you.

(BEGIN AUDIO CLIP)

DICK CHENEY: Before you start to implement your campaign rhetoric you need to sit down and find out precisely what it is we did and how we did it. Because it is going to be vital to keeping the nation safe and secure in the years ahead and it would be a tragedy if they threw over those policies simply because they've campaigned against them.

(END OF AUDIO CLIP)

STEPHANOPOULOS: Are you going to take it?

OBAMA: I think that was pretty good advice, which is I should know what's going on before we make judgments and that we shouldn't be making judgments on the basis of incomplete information or campaign rhetoric. So, I've got no quibble with that particular quote. I think if Vice President Cheney were here he and I would have some significant disagreements on some things that we know happened.

STEPHANOPOULOS: You would say for example?

OBAMA: For example, Vice President Cheney I think continues to defend what he calls extraordinary measures or procedures when it comes to interrogations and from my view waterboarding is torture. I have said that under my administration we will not torture.

STEPHANOPOULOS: So no more special CIA program?

OBAMA: I'm not going to lay out a particular program because again, I thought that Dick Cheney's advice was good, which is let's make sure we know everything that's being done. But the interesting thing George was that during the campaign, although John McCain and I had a lot of differences on a lot of issues, this is one where we didn't have a difference, which is that it is possible for us to keep the American people safe while still adhering to our core values and ideals and that's what I intend to carry forward in my administration.

http://abcnews.go.com/ThisWeek/Economy/Sto...8199&page=2

I hate the BS that he masterminded it just as I hate the BS that he has made things safer. He didn't mastermind it- WE ALL LET OUR GUARD DOWN. Thats why it happened- and it was bound to happen........when things get too good, powerful countries think they are untouchable. He was a terrible president and lots of problems happened on his watch. He isn't the devil incarnate.

It's more the fact that when he mentions terrorism (7 years later), anyone paying attention...errr liberals...scratch their heads wondering what feasible measures have been taken to protect ourselves FROM terrorism.

Personally, I believe there's nothing we CAN do to prevent terrorism, and the fact that Bush insists he's taken measures to do so is equal parts baffling and enraging. It's an uphill battle, and what we HAVE done has only made matters worse.

I know people will call me an "idiot" for thinking that fighting terrorism means fighting hearts/minds instead of dropping bombs and employing troops, so consider this me calling dibs on The Big Cat's idiocy/pussification/liberal naivete/'tardness'/blindness/disrespect to the US military.

I hate the BS that he masterminded it just as I hate the BS that he has made things safer. He didn't mastermind it- WE ALL LET OUR GUARD DOWN. Thats why it happened- and it was bound to happen........when things get too good, powerful countries think they are untouchable. He was a terrible president and lots of problems happened on his watch. He isn't the devil incarnate.

Oh shoot, GWB isn't smart enough to have masterminded it and it would have taken a lot of work, something that the Vacationer-in-Chief doesn't really like. I don't believe he masterminded it ... I think that he ignored the signs, and let other people convince him that there was nothing to it (just in case he bothered to inquire).

But what I do blame him for is making political hay from it and using it to implement policies that set our democracy back. Torture, suspension of civil liberties and on and on, not to mention a war we didn't need.

But what I do blame him for is making political hay from it and using it to implement policies that set our democracy back. Torture, suspension of civil liberties and on and on, not to mention a war we didn't need.

You don't need to convince me of that. WE sat back and watched him do it though.

It's more the fact that when he mentions terrorism (7 years later), anyone paying attention...errr liberals...scratch their heads wondering what feasible measures have been taken to protect ourselves FROM terrorism.

Personally, I believe there's nothing we CAN do to prevent terrorism, and the fact that Bush insists he's taken measures to do so is equal parts baffling and enraging. It's an uphill battle, and what we HAVE done has only made matters worse.

I know people will call me an "idiot" for thinking that fighting terrorism means fighting hearts/minds instead of dropping bombs and employing troops, so consider this me calling dibs on The Big Cat's idiocy/pussification/liberal naivete/'tardness'/blindness/disrespect to the US military.

If that makes you and idiot, sign me up too.