Ban The Google!!!!

RkFast

http://technology.timesonline.co.uk/tol/ne...icle5489134.ece

I really cant wait until these environazis drill it down to the conclusion that just by LIVING, human beings "give off" CO2 and in an effort to "save the earth", they all drown themselves.

There isn't a single sentence or quote in that article from anyone suggesting Google should be banned.

There isn't a single sentence or quote in that article from anyone suggesting Google should be banned.

Nor is there one about not making tea.

Wait...I should have said "Levy a ridiculous tax on the Google....and your tea."

Im sure that would make goosestepping environitwits feel comfy. Heil Gore!

I love Google. Use it as my startup page. Lots of good widgets and add ons. What really isn't elaborated on is how much energy something like Google saves. For example, I really can't remember the last time I used the Yellow Pages. How much running around does a good search engine save? Article is full of sh1t.

There is this little quote near the end of the piece but not much more on the subject

"If your internet use is in place of more energy-intensive activities, such as driving your car to the shops, that’s good."

I love Google. Use it as my startup page. Lots of good widgets and add ons. What really isn't elaborated on is how much energy something like Google saves. For example, I really can't remember the last time I used the Yellow Pages. How much running around does a good search engine save? Article is full of sh1t.

There is this little quote near the end of the piece but not much more on the subject

"If your internet use is in place of more energy-intensive activities, such as driving your car to the shops, that’s good."

Good call. there idiots B word about the "carbon footprint" of a google search, but love to ignore the fact that i get no less than 7 phone books (which i never use) delivered to my townhouse every year.

http://technology.timesonline.co.uk/tol/ne...icle5489134.ece

I really cant wait until these environazis drill it down to the conclusion that just by LIVING, human beings "give off" CO2 and in an effort to "save the earth", they all drown themselves.

Maybe they will get "I drive SUV's and live a huge carbon footprint life" Al Gore to lobby for them.

Good call. there idiots B word about the "carbon footprint" of a google search, but love to ignore the fact that i get no less than 7 phone books (which i never use) delivered to my townhouse every year.

But the people who provide those phone books don't have a motto "not to be evil" nor do they suddenly turn secretive when questions about their business practices come up.

Is Google evil? No.

Duplicitous? Absolutely.